𝟵 || 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁

✧

"I love you, Cassiopèe, don't you ever forget that" Alexander Fay said with a weak smile, blood pouring from his mouth.

"No, no, no, no" little Cassie kept sobbing, shaking her head. She tried to wipe her tears away but she just got more blood on her face.

"Hey" he spoke again, a frown placed on his face as he said his last words "take care of you're mother, I love you both so much" more tears began to spill from her eyes as she watched her father closing his eyes and taking his last breath.

"I love you too" she whispered with so much pain in her voice that would break anyone's heart.

The heart monitor started beeping faster, alarming the nurses that were near the girl. Bella was moved from Cassie's medical bed as they calmed down the unconscious girl.

Celeste Fay rushed into the room, tears welling up in her own eyes as she saw her daughter. The first thoughts that went trough her mind when she got the call about Cassiopèe was about that night, the night when she lost the love of her life, the father of her childrens.

Another nurse kept the Fay doctor from going to her daughter, she kept saying that she needed space till she will wake up.

"I am so sorry, Ms. Fay" Bella went to the older female, tears in her own eyes as she looked full of guilt at the mother of her best friend.

"It's okay" Celeste smiled weakly at the brunette, the nurse letting her to hug the Swan girl.

A little further away, Edward, Jasper, Darius, Rosalie and Carlisle were talking about the incident when Edward and Jasper nearly fell to the ground.

Rosalie and Darius helping them to keep their balance as Carlisle looked at them in concern. "What's wrong?" He asked, going to his adoptive sons.

"It's—" Edward tried to say but more memories were flashing before his eyes, memories that held so much pain behind them.

"—Cassie" Jasper took a deep breath, trying to control the emotions that fell over him. Guilt, disgust, sadness, grief and so many pain that Cassie was feeling, and the blond knew that if he would have the ability to feel her emotions at maximum, he knew that it will nearly kill him.

"What?" Rosalie asked, the anger behind her eyes changed into concern in an instant.

Carlisle's ears picked the sound of her heart monitor beeping faster "I'm going to Cassie, try and help Edward and Jasper" he instructed the two before he rushed to were he knew the younger Fay was.

He opened the double doors and was surprised to see the girl awake, she was shaking and had dry tears on her cheek. And the doctor knew that it was because of the incident, from what Edward told them that he saw, it was a trigger for her memories.

"Dr, Cullen" Celeste breathed in relief as she nodded at the blond doctor who gently came to sit next to her daughter in the medical bed.

He nodded at his fellow doctor but his eyes moved to the terrified girl. "Cassiopèe?" He asked softly.

Her eyes snapped at the doctor and he could have sworn he saw her silver-ish eyes glowing red for a quick second. "It's Cassie" she said harshly.

Cassiopèe hated when people would use her full name, it always brought back happy memories of her and her father.

Her hands stopped shaking and she stood straight in the bed. Her silver-ish eyes locking with his golden ones.

"I'm so, so sorry, Cassie" Tyler apologised for the millionth time since she woke up, she rolled her eyes in irritation as she let the doctor to examine her.

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asked the girl, gaining her attention back.

"Fine"

"You're not fine, mija" Celeste told her softly as she moved next to her daughter.

After Cassie woke up, Bella stayed with her for a few minutes before she had to go. She kept apologising and it made Cassiopèe more irritated.

"You might experience some post-traumatic stress, disorientation, but you're vitals look good. No sign for any head trauma so you'll be just fine" Carlisle smiled warmly at the girl, she gave him a small smile.

"I tried to stop, Cassie, I'm sorry" Tyler continued on apologising, making both Celeste and Cassiopèe's irritation grew stronger.

"Shut up" the two Fay's snapped in unison, her mother closing the curtain, separating the boy from her daughter.

"Are you sure she is okay?" Celeste asked concerned the blond doctor as Cassiopèe was getting out of the medical bed.

"She is absolutely fantastic, no injuries" Carlisle assured the older Fay, he offered the two a kind smile before he made his way outside.

Of course, Cassie remembered what happened, she remembered exactly what happened. She knew that what Darius did was not humanly possible but she didn't want to cause him trouble so the pink haired girl kept her mouth shut.

"I'm fine, mom, just—" Cassiopèe sighed as she felt her mother's gaze burning a hole into her side, she knew she was worried.

"It just brought up memories" Celeste finished with another sad sigh as she led her daughter outside.

Cassiopèe noticed the five Cullen's, she stopped her mother "I'll meet you at the car" she said softly.

"Why?" Her mother asked confused.

"I didn't get the chance to thank Dr.Cullen" she explained, making her mother sigh but leave anyway.

The vampires heard her and they offered her small smiles, her eyes locked with Jasper's and she gave him a soft smile before she made her way to the five.

"Can I talk to you, please?" She asked kindly the brunette vampire, Darius.

He looked a little hesitant but with a nod of his head from Carlisle, he came to Cassie's side. "How are you feeling?" He asked, he was nervous of what the girl would say to him, if she would demand answers on how he stopped the van.

"I just wanted to thank you, Darius"she said so softly that it made the vampire smile warmly at her.

"Of course, Silver, anything for you" He said but he was taken by surprise when her small arms wrapped around his figure, he stumbled a little but hugged back nonetheless.

"Thank you" she said in the hug.

Darius smiled down at her and he now realised how lucky Jasper was to have her as a mate. Kind, funny, soft, wild, bold and fierce.

For the first time since Darius gained his immortality, he forgot for a moment that he was a vampire, he forgot that he was a monster. He held her a little tighter and he knew that he would end up loving the little human just as Alice said.

Not in a romantic way, no, he would never do that to Jasper and he was happily married with Alice. Darius had grown to love the human as the little sister he once had.

What do you guys think of the story so far? Any thoughts? Comment, please.