𝟭𝟴 || 𝗠𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗱

✧

"I can't believe it" Cassiopèe said in shock, as she made her way to the cafeteria with Jasper by her side.

"What?" He asked, eyeing her closer as she stared at her phone in disbelief.

"Bella isn't answering my calls and I didn't see her in gym, she ditched school without me" she turned to the blond with a pout, making him smile softly at her.

"She's with Edward" he responded as the two entered the cafeteria, and Jasper could hear all the whispers around them, the jealousy and anger and other emotions combined.

Cassie noticed that and interlocked their fingers, offering him a warm smile when he looked towards her.

And just like that, all the emotions Jasper was feeling disappeared, like every time would happen when he and the Fay would have physical contact

The two seated with the Cullen's, Jasper had to drag Cassie to come along because she didn't want unnecessary attention.

"Cassie" Alice beamed excitedly, giving her a side hug as the pink haired girl seated between her and Jasper.

"Look who decided to bless us with her presence" Darius joked, sending the girl a kind smile.

"Yeah, well that happens when you found out your friends are vampires" she said casually, leaning in her seat as the others looked at her shocked.

"Sorry, what?" Rosalie was the first to snap from her gaze, her golden eyes having slight concern in them as she didn't want to lose the first human she liked.

"I didn't tell you that she knew?" Jasper questioned, making the others shake their heads "my bad" he shrugged with a small smirk

"That's so cool that you know" Emmet replied, placing his hand on top of Rosalie's in a comforting manner as the female let out a sigh of relief.

"So you're fine, you weren't sick or anything?" Darius questioned.

"Nup, totally and perfectly fine" Cassie smiled at the rest of the table, making Alice's excitement grew more.

"Alice, please" Jasper pleaded, putting his head in his hand in pain as Alice's emotions became more stronger.

The blond gripped Cassie's hand in hopes that she would maybe make the pain disappear. And the others looked in disbelief as they watched Jasper going from unbearable pain to perfectly fine in a few mere seconds.

"How did you do that?" Rosalie asked in curiosity as she looked at Cassie's and Jasper's fingers interlocked.

"It's my superpower" the silver-ish eyed smiled her crooked smile that everyone missed, making the other chuckle slightly at her.

"You should come meet Carlisle and Esme properly" Alice suggested, her smile reaching her golden eyes.

"Oh yeah, Esme wanted to meet you since Alice told her about you" Darius agreed, the others sharing smirks as they nodded their heads in agreement.

"No, she can't" Jasper instantly responded, his fingers slipping from hers as he glared at his 'siblings'.

"Why not?" Both Cassiopèe and Emmet asked at the same time, pouts on their faces as they looked at the blond with questioning looks.

"Because—" he started, "—Celeste told you she needs your help, remember?" He looked towards the Fay.

"Nup, mom works late tonight" she shook her head with a grin as she raised from her seat "6pm, pick me up, no food" she said with excitement sparkling in her silver-ish eyes.

The vampires chuckled softly at her as they watched her leave the cafeteria, skipping happily.

"Gotta say" Darius started, gaining everybody's attention back "you got luck, man" he smirked at the blond vampire, the others chuckling once again at the frustrated look on Jasper's face.

"Hey" Cassiopèe turned around to see her mother enter the kitchen, an exhausted look on her face.

"Hi, mom" she said softly, smiling at the older woman as she passed her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you" Celeste nodded at her daughter, taking a sip of the drink before getting something out from her purse "Charlie said he would feel safer if he knew you would have this on you"

Cassie looked at her mother in amusement as she saw the piper spray in her hand. Of course, the pink haired girl was informed of the animal attacks recently.

"I doubt that the piper spray would help me against werewolves and vampires" she chuckled slightly, taking the spray nonetheless.

"You having plans for today?" Celeste asked her with a kind smile "just because I'm working all day, doesn't mean you can't go out of the house"

Cassie sighed, knowing that her mother would not exactly be pleased by where she was going later in the evening "I actually...have plans" she avoided her gaze.

"Really?" Excitement was heard from the older Fay as she looked at her daughter expectantly "well? Tell me" she added after a few moments of silence.

"The Cullen's actually invited me over" she blurted out, nervously fidgeting with the rings on her fingers.

"Honey" Celeste sighed, placing her hands on top of her daughter's "I'm not upset about this" the statement made Cassiopèe look to her mother "just be careful, please"

Of course Celeste knew about Jasper being her daughter's mate, she wasn't exactly happy about it but she learned to accept it if it meant her daughter will be happy.

"I always am" Cassie responded back softly, hugging her mother before sprinting in her own room to start getting ready.

Celeste shook her head with a small laugh, finishing her coffee, she informed her daughter that she's going to work.