𝟮𝟳 || 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱

✧

After sneaking out from the hotel, careful to not get caught by their two vampire friends, Bella and Cassiopèe took a cab and they were currently outside of the ballet studio.

"If I die and you survive—" Cassie started, making Bella look at her with wide eyes but she noticed the small face adorning her beautiful features. "—tell Alice that I will hunt her ass if she's gonna dress me into some pompous dress for my funeral"

Bella only nodded, letting out a soft yet weak chuckle as she interlocked their fingers, heading inside the ballet studio.

The studio was empty when the two walked in, dead silence engulfing it and the two started rushing to a closer door when they heard the panicked voice of Bella's mother.

"Bella!? Bella, where are you?!"

When they opened the doors, their faces fell as they saw a recording video. The two just then realised that it was a trap.

"You are a wonderfull dancer" Bella's mother's voice echoed in the empty studio, smiling at a younger Bella.

"But mom, I suck" the little girl whined, pouting slightly.

"It's true" then, little Cassie cane bouncing towards the two with Celeste behind her. "It's not nice to tell lies, Ms. Swan" she gave Renèe a goofy smile.

A dark chuckle was heard from behind, making the two girls turn and to be face to face with James, who was smirking at them.

"You were a mean child" his eyes were on Cassiopèe, but what intrigued him the most about her wasn't the scent of her blood— no, he could barely smell her blood —it was her silver-ish eyes that sparked with fire in the darkness of the ballet studio.

The small Fay girl pushed Bella behind her, glaring at the blond red eyed vampire. He chuckled again before he lifted her in the air by her throat and and then tossing her harshly at the ground, further away from the two.

"And, Action!" His smirk grew wider, pointing a camera to Bella's scared face.

"Hey, asshole!" Cassiopèe shouted, one of her hands was resting on her neck and with the other one she was leaning on the wall.

James turned around, camera still in his hands as he sped at vampire speed towards her. "Don't worry, sweetheart, I didn't forget you" he kept shoving the camera in her face, and it only made her more irritated then anything else.

"Fuck you" she spat out the little blood that was in her mouth from her harsh moments when she collided with the ground.

But the blond vampire only grew more angrier at her, he kept filming her as he lifted her by her throat again "You nasty piece of shit" he spat out harshly. "Your such a weak and pathetic human"

He smacked her head with the wall she was leaning on before, and then he sped away again to Bella.

Cassiopèe felt her vision blurry, but she tried to stay awake for the sake of her best friend. She vaguely heard something breaking, turning her head slightly she saw a horrified and bleeding Bella on the ground, trying to scoot away from the terrifying vampire.

She saw a shred of glass near her and without any other thought then that she had to save Bella, she cut her hand with it.

And the scent of her blood made James crazier. He never smelled such a strong wave of power coming from a human. Her blood was sweet, almost intoxicating him.

He rushed to her side, leaving Bella in an unbearable pain. He licked her hand, feeling the sweet taste of her blood but before he could bite her— just as he did with Bella — someone else threw him off from the bleeding and small Fay girl.

And as she hit the ground— for the third time that night —she let the darkness engulf her. She closed her eyelids and hoped to God that Jasper just saved her.

She hoped that her mate came to her rescue, she hoped that her mate cared enough about her to came and save her from her death.