𝟭𝟮 || 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲

✧

"I'm going to the diner to take food, want anything?" Cassiopèe asked her mother with a smile as she come down on the stairs.

"I can't, honey, I'm working late tonight, I'll be out in a minute" Celeste have her a apologetic smile.

"Okay, then, be careful" she kissed her cheek before taking the keys from the house and her phone.

It was a long walk from the Fay's house to the diner and Cassie didn't felt like freezing to death as it still was very cold outside, so the girl took her car.

Arriving at the restaurant in about 20 minutes and ordering food for herself, she stood in one of the booths, waiting for her food.

It didn't take long before the waitress, Cora, came with her food and with a kind smile. "Thank you" Cassie thanked her with a soft smile and headed out outside.

She put her food in the backseat but as she was going to get in the car, the Fay heard faints whimpers and grunts.

Cassiopèe walked to the back of the restaurant, there wasn't anyone outside and the whispers and grunts got louder.

And she moved past the corner, her eyes widened as she spotted Alice pinned on the wall with a stranger covering her mouth and a malicious smirk playing on his face.

Her silver-ish eyes glowing red for two seconds before anger took over her. She pushed the boy off of Alice, taking him by surprise.

She threw a punch on his right side and just as the male was about to lunge to her, Cassiopèe punched him in the nose with so much strength that made him hit the ground with a loud thud.

She took Alice's hand who was shaken lightly, gently dragging her to her car before the male decided that he wanted to go for them again.

Alice had tears in her golden eyes, tears that couldn't be spilled. She looked scared, and the small vampire hadn't been scared in a long time. She was thankful that Cassiopèe saved her, she didn't want to end up killing the male.

The ride was silent as Alice was quietly sobbing and Cassiopèe was fuming with anger, she gripped the wheel so tight that her knuckles turned white.

"Are you hurt?" The pink haired girl asked after a moment, glancing at the girl that was in her passenger seat.

She nodded softly, the bright smile that was always occupying her features weren't there anymore and Cassiopèe just felt more rage coming to her, thinking that someone could hurt her best friend.

The two entered the house, Celeste wasn't home as Cassie presumed. She guided Alice in the kitchen as she quickly got to her room to find clothes that the Cullen female could wear and a few blankets.

She came down with two big fluffy blankets and some baggy clothes. She placed the blankets on the couch before handing Alice the clothes.

The small vampire muttered an soft "thank you" before she went into the bathroom to change.

Meantime, Cassiopèe prepared two cups of hot tea, placing them on the coffee table that was near the couch.

"Can I cuddle with you?" Alice asked shyly, her golden eyes looking anywhere but her friend.

"Of course" Cassie smiled softly at her, she opened her arms for Alice to come and she wrapped one of the blankets around them as the vampire came.

The vampires found it odd that Cassiopèe never felt their icy cold skin, so Alice found comfort in her embrace.

"I didn't want to hurt him" she muttered into her chest, gripping tightly the human.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want" The Fay assured her, drawing patterns on her pale skin.

"He said that he needed help" Alice continued, taking a deep breath "I just wanted to help him" she said again, her usually bubbly and happy voice was now replaced by a broken one.

"I'm so sorry, Alice" Cassiopèe said, a tear rolling down her cheek.

The two sat in silence for a long time, Cassiopèe kept drawing patterns on her icy cold skin as Alice was playing with her pink hair.

They found comfort in one another, the only thing that kept Cassie from storming out of the house and going to find the male was the small broken vampire.

"Can you call my family?" Alice broke the silence, looking up at her best friend, her golden eyes locked with her silver-ish ones.

"Of course" she nodded at her, taking her phone from the table coffee and not moving from Alice's embrace.

The phone call was short, Cassie didn't mention what happened, just that Alice was at her house and she needed to see them.

It was a short wait for the Cullen's filled with a comfortable silence, when the bell finally rang, Cassiopèe gently got out from Alice's embrace.

She let the Cullen's in, noticing that Esme and Carlisle weren't with them. They had concerned looks on their faces as she mentioned for them to come in the living room.

Alice was playing nervously with her fingers as she thought about how to tell her family of vampires what just happened.

"I'm gonna give you guys a moment" Cassiopèe said softly before she went to her room, not wanting to eavesdrop at the family conversation.

But she heard yelling from downstairs and only assumed to be Emmet and Darius, they were furious and she understood them.

"But I'm fine" Alice quickly interrupted Emmet and Darius plan on how to kill the male, Jasper could feel their, and his, anger rising as the seconds went by. "Cassie saved me"

Silence took over the group of vampires, confusion written on their faces as they waited for Alice to continue "she most probably broke his nose" she said after a while.

A dark chuckle filled the room and the six vampires turned to see Cassiopèe at the corner with a cup of tea in her hands "he most probably has a concussion, a nasty bruise forming on his side and definitely a broken nose"

She came in the living room, giving Alice the cup of tea. Before the rest arrived the vampire asked her to make her some tea, she liked the hot feeling it gave her.

There was silence as everyone processed the information they were given, the anger was slightly reducing.

"She saved me" Alice repeated again, giving her family a small smile.

I cried writing this. I love Alice so much, but I needed this to happen for the next book. And I love her relationship with Cassie❤️🥺