𝟭𝟯 || 𝗜𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗰

✧

"Come on, please" Bella's voice was heard from Cassie's phone, it was pleading.

"Sorry, Bells, but I don't want to spend my day freezing to death with people I don't even like" Cassiopèe responded as she looked at her playlist on her laptop.

It was the next day, the Cullen's stayed with her till it got dark. Thanking her for saving Alice.

Bella was pleading her friend to come with her to the La Push beach that Eric invited her to. "But you said you liked Angela" the brunette kept trying to pursue her.

"Yes, I like Angela because she is nice, I don't like the others" Cassiopèe replied, making Bella sigh. "Have fun at the beach" she said after a few seconds, knowing that she won and that her friend wouldn't make her to come to the freezing beach.

She heard Bella huff before hanging up and that made her let out a short soft chuckle.

"What you doing?" Celeste asked as she came into her daughter's room.

Cassiopèe lifted her eyes from her laptop "nothing much, looking for some movies to watch" she shrugged.

"Why don't you go to Bella's?" The older woman leaned against the doorway, watching her with a loving look in her hazel eyes.

"She's going to the La Push beach" she responded but added as she felt her mother ask another question "with people I don't like"

"But you like everyone" Celeste frowned, making her daughter chuckling at her before saying.

"No—" she rolled her eyes "—I pretend that I like everyone because I don't like being rude"

"God" her mother chuckled softly at her, going to seat next to her daughter. Cassiopèe placed the laptop next to her as she turned to face her mother "you're so much like your father" she smiled sadly at her.

"Le extraño" she whispered, hugging her tightly as she remembered her father.

"Yo también, cariño" her mother whispered back, hugging her tightly and closing her eyes while taking a deep breath. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

Celeste went to the hospital, promising her daughter that she'll bring diner when she'll come back.

And Cassiopèe found herself opening some of the box that her and her mother left in the attic. In the back, her eyes widened as she read what was written on the box.

"Ander" she whispered to herself, taking the box gently and starting opening it.

Her mother would often call her father Andre, it was a nickname Celeste found when they were younger and just dating.

Cassiopèe felt tears forming into her silver-ish eyes as she looked in the box. There were drawings of the Fay family painted by Cassie, she found a cup that had 'coolest dad ever' written on it.

It was a birthday present from 8 years old Cassie. She smiled softly at the memory, then she saw a sketchbook. And she knew exactly what it was.

Alexander always admired her gift, how she could paint so beautiful at such a young age. It was a sketchbook full of sketches and small paintings of him and the Fay's.

So many memories in just a box. Then her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she saw a envelope with her name written on top of it in bold black letters.

Cassiopèe gently opened it and she felt her heart broke even more if it was even possible. It was a letter from her father to her.

'Dear, Silver

I don't know what age you are when you open this latter but I hope you're old and have many children and grandchildren, and if not, then I'm truly sorry. You were 10 years old when I felt the feeling, the feeling that my time has come. And I am extremely sorry if I was right. But I need you to know this—'

Tears were running freely on her cheeks as she couldn't believe what she was reading. It couldn't be true, she kept telling herself but with every word she read, she believed it even more.

Cassiopèe knocked softly on the door, the letter kept firmly in her right hand. A tanned old man in an wheelchair answered the door.

He had a kind smile as he furrowed his eyebrows at the stranger that was standing on his porch.

"Billy Black?" She asked, her voice was low and a little shaky, her eyes a bit puffy from all the crying she did.

"Depends on who's asking" he looked behind her to make sure that it wasn't anyone, and as his hazel eyes locked with her silver-ish ones, realisation seemed to hit the old man.

"Cassiopèe." She looked down at the ground before gaining a little confidence and spoke again

"Cassiopèe Silver-Rhea Faymark"

AHHHHHH!!!! 1K reads!!! THIS IS HUGE!! Thanks so much guys, I honestly love you with all my heart🥺🥰❤️