𝟮𝟱 || 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝗹𝘃𝘆

✧

Silence fell over everyone, Edward widened his eyes as he read the brunette's mind. "You know her?" Laurent asked with a smile.

"We met" she nodded slowly, her narrowed eyes still on her younger sister. "A long time ago" she added.

"Wonderful" the dark skinned man smiled wider.

"I'm Carlisle and this is my family" the blond doctor snapped out of his shocked trance, he gestured to his family— not bothering to introduce them.

"You have interesting eyes" the redhead —Victoria— smirked as she took a closer step towards Cassiopèe.

Out of instinct, Rhea wanted to grip her friend's arm and stopping her from getting any closer to her younger sister. However, she restrained herself.

"You have interesting shoes" the pink haired beauty retored with a glare, making her brunette sister— along with her mate — to smirk at her.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities caused somewhat of a mess for us" Carlisle interrupted the two female's glare contest, getting the attention back to him.

"Our apologies, we didn't realised the territory had been claimed" Laurent apologetically smiles at them while James and Victoria smirked.

"Yes, we maintain a permanent residence near by" Carlisle nodded his head with a fake small smile of his own.

"Well, we won't be a problem anymore, we were just passing" the dark skinned vampire assures the family.

"The humans were tracking us but we lead them east" Victoria's smirk only grew wider "you should be safe"

"Excellent" the blond doctor nodded his head, the fake small smile never leaving his face.

"So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asked, his smile wider now. The Cullen's looked towards Carlisle with an uneasy look.

"Oh, come on, just one game" Rhea smirked, her eyes fixated on Cassiopèe— who didn't backed away with her glare.

"Sure, why not?" Carlisle nodded his head, glancing at the others again. "Few of us were leaving, you could take their place. You go, first"

Jasper nudged his mate lightly, mentioning for her to throw the ball. And she did, but Rhea caught it with her smirk getting wider and wider.

Which made Cassie's anger only grow, and the blond male noticed that, so he tightened his grip on her hand as he gestured for them to leave.

But the wind blew Bella's scent and James inhaled it with a malicious smirk. "You brought a snack" he went to the human's side but the Cullen's made a circle around her.

"The girl is with us, I think it's better if you leave" Carlisle informed them, standing protectively in front of Bella and Cassie.

"I can see the game is over, we're gonna go now" Laurent nodded his head, backing away from the Cullen's. "James" he called to the blond.