𝟭𝟬 || 𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀

✧

"What are you doing up?" Celeste asked as she saw her daughter enter the kitchen, she rushed over her side.

"I'm hungry and I don't need help walking, mom. We've been trough this" she said more softly the last part, knowing that it was a sensitive topic for both of them.

"I'm sorry, I was just— I'm worried" the older woman gave her a smile as she put a cup of tea in front of her daughter.

"It's okay, mom, I am okay" she assured her mother "thank you" she said as she took a sip from the hot tea.

Her mother took a few day off from work and made Cassiopèe stay home too, saying that she needed to rest, the young girl didn't argue, she knew her mother needed this, she needed the assurance that her daughter is fine and alive.

A knock on the door made Cassiopèe raise from her seat but Celeste quickly seated her down "I'm gonna get it" she exclaimed before rushing to the front door.

Cassiopèe let out a sigh as she shook her head slightly with a small smile, she loved her mom with all she had in her but sometimes Celeste was too much, she worried too much.

"Hello, Ms.Fay" she heard the faint melodious voice of Alice Cullen.

"Hello" a male spoke too, Darius, Cassie recognised.

"Hello?" Celeste's voice was unsure as she greeted the two but it sounded more like a question.

"I'm Alice and that's Darius, we came to see Cassie if thats okay?" Alice asked kindly and Cassiopèe could imagine the bright smile she had on her face.

Cassiopèe raised from her seat, placing the cup in the sink before she made her way to the front door.

"It's alright mom, they're my friends" she said softly, making her mother nod with a smile and gestured for the two vampires to came in.

"It's good to see that you're fine" Alice said as she hugged the human, gently not to cause her pain.

"Yeah" she nodded her head, mentioning for them to her room "you want something to eat, drink?" She asked.

"No, we're fine" Darius assured with a smile that mirrored his mate's.

As Cassie opened the door to her room, she heard the two vampires from behind her gasp quietly.

Alice was the first to react as she rushed to her paintings, gently touching them, she grinned excitedly as she asked "you made those?"

"Yeah, I have more in another room" she nodded her head before she shrugged, plopping on her bed while looking at Darius and Alice.

"You have more?" Darius asked incredulously "geez, I wonder when you get sleep"

"Most of them are old, I just like keeping them on the walls, making the room brighter" she smiled down at the two.

"They're beautiful, Cassie" Alice complemented with the biggest grin she ever saw.

"Thanks" Cassiopèe responded but then her eyes got wide as an idea come in her mind "wait, I have something else" she got off the bed and to her desk, getting out a couple of canvas.

While the girl was busy at her desk, Darius noticed a book on her bed, his eyes got slight wide as he read the title out loud "legends of the cold ones, vampires"

Alice snapped her eyes at her mate as she was just as surprised as her mate, Cassie looked back at them and smiled as she spoke from where she was.

"I have about witches, ghosts, werewolves, demons and angels too" she explained.

"You believe in this stuff?" Darius asked, listening to her heartbeat intensely.

"My dad always read to me about the supernatural stuff when I was younger, I guess I grew up believing the stories" she shrugged, going back at the two vampires with a couple of canvas in her arms.

Darius and Alice shared a look but didn't question any further, knowing from Jasper and Edward that it was a sensitive topic. He placed the book on her bed as Alice took the painting from her.

"Oh my god, that's us" she beamed excitedly as she showed him too while Cassiopèe smiled brightly at their reactions.

"Oh god, Rose is going to love this" Darius said as he looked at a painting with Rose and Emmet smiling brightly.

There were with Alice and Darius hugging with soft smiles on their faces, then there was Rosalie and Emmet who were smiling brightly, Edward with his stoic expression and Jasper with a half smile.

But what surprised the two were the fact that Esme and Carlisle were painted too. They seemed to laugh softly, they looked so happy.

But Cassiopèe never saw Esme and she only met Carlisle yesterday.

"Do you like them?" Cassie asked shyly, she never really showed to everyone her work she liked to paint for herself.

"Yes, they're amazing" Alice exclaimed with a wide grin.

The two didn't question how she knew how Esme or Carlisle looked even if she didn't met them, they smiled at the human they started to grow close to.

The rest of the day Cassie spent it with Darius and Alice, laughing and talking. She even let Alice reorganise her closet and she showed Darius how to play to guitar.