Chapter 23

I represent,

I'm afraid

Anastasia Pierce:

I saw him beat the crap out of her as he pinned her to the wall. I jumped in the air begging him to stop. "Please stop! Please!" I sobbed clutching my hair in my hands as i felt sweat drag down my entire body.

"Please!!" I screamed before rushing towards them trying to push him off her yet i wasn't that strong.

"Anastasia..."

Fear engulfed me as i sobbed loudly trying to push him away. I cried even louder kicking whatever was in front of me.

"Anastasia." His demanding voice woke me from that dark nightmare of mine. I gasped feeling sweat rush down my temples and body before the air cooled it. I panted looking up in his eyes and immediately catching on to his forearms.

Oh yeah, I've been asleep for a few hours now. In his bedroom, now i recall. I breathed hastily before leisurely letting go of his arms.

He sighed through his nose checking me out in frustration. From what i felt, he was shaking my body sturdily. "Sorry," i gulped. "Bad dream." I ran my trembling fingers back in my damp hair whispering with a raspy timbre.

"Obviously," he stood tall almost mocking me. His hair strands glowed under the moonlight. "Hey!" I widened my eyes at him still struggling to breathe. "Don't make fun of me, I'm actually afraid." I furrowed my brows fixing my position in his shirt.

He shut his eyes exhaling. "You're sleeping in my- the dark lord's- bedroom and you're afraid of a nightmare?" He shook his head repelled by me. Seriously now? He's really paraphrasing an extremely simple sentence into this bullshit. Not going to lie, when i woke up to see his mahoganies staring directly in my eyes, all safety in the world surrounded my figure on that very bed.

I scowled in disbelief, still mad at him and clearly he shared the same feeling at me. I haven't seen him since he left, yet he came back right on time... i guess.

"If you have something to say, you either say it or you actually shut up." I declared before turning my side to face the darkest pit of the room covering my shoulders with anxiety and sighing. I could feel his angry smouldering eyes on me fixed tangible, yet i didn't strain.

From the deepest part of my heart, i begged him to say it. I really did. I didn't care if he heard it or not, but i was still trembling with a little fear. I could tell i was writhing by the messed up sheets and covers.

His shadow formed on me blocking the moonlight as he stood statuesque before me. I could quiet literally hear his lips part and shut causing me to shut my eyes in relief knowing he will say it. I swallowed slowly before he did say it.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." He started with that deep low timbre of his causing me to gradually turn my waist so that i would be kind of facing him. He shut his eyes tensing his jaws and clutching his fists. "It's just a nightmare. And you're sleeping here." He turned his eyes away from me as he struggled to say it.

"Nothing and no one could dare harm you... here." He looked back in my eyes pausing for a second causing my heart to ease and my brain to halt all of a sudden not thinking about anything but echoing that magical saying of his soothing voice.

He didn't see it, but my heart roamed my whole body in a second.

Midnights were always my favourite between us, and it was midnight. Which also meant: i could do a lot of things that i might regret the next morning.