Episode 32: Home Sweet Home

Let's go back a bit before Drake and Lilly had Rosie.

Ben and Cadence had moved out to a city called Rain Ridge.

Not too long after living there, Cadence became pregnant.

She didn't find out though until Ben was already sent off. She wanted to tell him the wonderful news, but not through one of their letters. She wanted to tell him in person and surprise him with her baby bump once he was able to come back home.

Since they moved to a new place, they didn't know anybody there. So, while Ben was gone, Cadence spent all her time alone in the house.

She kept herself busy by playing her violin and recording some instrumental music. As well as putting some things together for the arrival of her newborn. She got an empty photo album to fill with all the photos she's gonna take of the newborn, sewed up a soft powder blue baby blanket, bought some children books, and more.

Cadence didn't tell any of their friends back in Clover Town about her pregnancy just yet. She wanted Ben to be the very first to know.

While Cadence spent plenty of time alone, it gave her the chance to really think about some things. Like her twin brother, Jasper.

She hadn't seen or spoken with him since he was sent off to juvie. She gave up on writing to him sometime in high school since he never wrote her back.

So, she decided to take a different approach. She tracked him down and went to go visit him in prison.

"What do you want?" Jasper snarked.

"I wanted to see you." Cadence said, "I don't agree with the things you've done, but even so, you were still just a kid. And you're still my brother."

Jasper simply rolled his eyes, "Okay. You've seen me. Now leave and don't come back, ever."

"Jasper, please... I'm pregnant." Cadence admitted with a pleading gaze, "And I want you to be apart of my baby's life. You're gonna be an uncle."

Jasper was definitely taken aback by the sudden news.

He then let out a huff, "You're lucky my time here ends soon. And once I leave here, I'll be going back home to Clover Town with Ma and Pa to stay with them for a little while."

"Really? That's great! - Well, I'm gonna head back. I've got some errands to run. Write me back so we can catch up more. Love you!~" Cadence said as she left the prison.

After that, Jasper and Cadence wrote each other all the time. She was overjoyed to have her brother back in her life.

A few more months had passed.

It was about a month before Cadence was due now. And unfortunately, Ben died while being deployed. So he never got to know about Cadence being pregnant.

After that, Cadence didn't have anyone else to help her through the pregnancy. Until her twin brother Jasper offered her to come stay with him back at their old childhood home with their Ma and Pa.

Cadence, of course, happily accepted. She was so happy to be close with her brother once again after so many years of being apart.

Jasper told Cadence that she could officially move in once she had her baby.

And that day came sooner than expected.

Cadence ended up going into labor about two weeks earlier than she was due for.

She called for an ambulance and was rushed to the hospital for delivery. Jasper was on her emergency contact list, so the nurses notified him, and he showed up a few hours later since he had to travel from Clover Town now that his prison sentence was over.