Episode 31: New Chapters

It's been about a year now since Drake and his friends graduated high school.

Lilly and Drake got their own house together after saving up from their new jobs while doing college online.

"I can't believe we have our own house together!~" Lilly squealed, "And it's even big enough to raise a family. We could have like five kids!"

Drake smiled nervously, "Let's just stick to one or two kids, heh."

Since I'm a demon and Lilly is a regular human, the outcome of what our child would be kind of varies. Celestial genes are different than normal ones, obviously. And once those are met with regular human genes, the outcome varies of what a child will be. Whether they will be born a celestial being or a regular human. Unfortunately, it's random, so you'll never know if a child withholds celestial powers until they begin to show as they grow. Unless you have the ability to sense it. Most beings can't define between which scent is which, but luckily, I've studied and distinguished the scents since I was a kid. So I'm pretty good at it.

Luke remained in the same house he grew up in. He did some redecorating and made his grandparent's old bedroom into a guest room. And he went on to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor and got into a local medical school.

CJ bought a small building that was for sale and worked hard on turning it into her very own fashion boutique called CJ Styles. While working on remodeling the building, she also went to college to get her art and design bachelor's degree.

Lilly got into online school to get a degree in English and write children's books. She even made her very own personal copies of her stories.

Drake got into online school just for the basics as he wanted to mainly focus on his job, to help provide for Lilly and their future together. Eventually, he did decide to get a bachelor of arts degree since he did enjoy dancing.

Seraphina and Violet were now graduated as well, but still stayed with Mazikeen and worked jobs.

Not too long after Drake and Lilly got settled into their new home together, Lilly had discovered she was pregnant.

Drake and Lilly were completely overjoyed with the news.

They even started decorating and setting up for a nursery despite not knowing what the gender would be yet.

Seraphina and Violet were especially excited to become aunties.

Mazikeen didn't know how to feel about being referred to as a grandma since her physical appearance was around her thirties, but she was simply happy that her son was happy, and starting a family with Lilly.

But, unfortunately, some complications rose up with the pregnancy, and Lilly was rushed to the hospital.

At this point, she was only twenty-four weeks pregnant, and she ended up having a premature birth. Their newborn baby girl did not survive.

Lilly was absolutely heartbroken and blamed herself countless times, but it was only the fault of genetics.

Even though they did not know their baby girl for very long, they still decided to name her.

Ivy Beverleigh-Night.

Once Lilly was allowed to be discharged from the hospital, walking into the house without their baby girl only broke her heart even more.

Drake was almost just as upset as she was, of course, but he tried to remain strong for Lilly, to comfort and reassure her for as long as she needed.

One night, Lilly had cried herself to sleep. Drake tucked her into bed and gave her a tender kiss to the head before standing up from the bedside and heading into the living room.