Episode 26: Dark Spaces

Luke started going to therapy every week.

He was diagnosed with complex PTSD and clinical depression.

Since Drake was legally an adult, him and Luke were both allowed to remain living in the house by themselves. And since all of his grandparents' money automatically went to Luke, they didn't have to worry about anything financial wise.

On the weekends, Mazikeen, Seraphina, and Violet would sleep over and help out with stuff.

Luke started having nightmares nearly every night. He'd wake up shouting and shaking horribly, going into a panic attack.

Drake wasn't sure what his nightmares exactly consisted of since he refused to talk about them. He couldn't handle discussing it.

He even stopped eating and lost a dramatic amount of weight.

It got to a point where he wasn't able to keep just about anything down. If he were to become any worse, he would need to be hospitalized immediately.

One weekend night, Mazikeen and the girls came over like always. Luke went to bed early since he wasn't feeling all that great. Mazikeen made some soup for dinner and made sure to make enough for Luke as well.

Seraphina and Violet worked together to do the laundry.

Drake was slouched on the couch in his wolf form, clearly worried over something.

"Drake, what's wrong?" Maze asked with concern as she sat down next to him and placed a hand on his head.

"I'm just worrying about Luke... He's just getting worse. Nothing seems to be helping that much... I feel so useless..." the demon boy explained.

Mazikeen then snugly gave him a hug, "Sweetheart, it's not that you're useless, you're not. This just isn't something you can exactly help him with. You can be there for him and stay by his side, but there's only so much you can do."

The wolf's ears then fell back, "I'm just so scared h-he'll..... Th-That he might...." he couldn't even bring himself to say it as his brown eyes begun to well up.

His mother continued to comfort him, "I know...."

Violet overheard the conversation as she stood near the doorway. She then decided to go and check on Luke.

Once she did, she found him sitting in the corner of his bed against the wall, trembling and hyperventilating.

The blue eyed demon immediately ran to his side, "Luke!? What's wrong? Was it another nightmare?"

Luke didn't respond.

Whenever he gets like this, it's as if he isn't able to hear anyone sometimes. Or even realize that they're there.

Violet then carefully wrapped her arms around the angel, "It's okay... You're not alone..." she spoke comfortingly

A small moment had passed, and Luke finally realized the youngest demon was hugging him he gently clenched part of her shirt, "V- Violet...? Y-You...You don't have to do this... I know you and Seraphina don't like me too much...."

"It's not that... It's just...we have a hard time getting close to others sometimes. Ever since we all lost each other, we fear losing one another. But, you're family now. You're like the baby brother, heh, though I'm still the youngest. We just want you to be okay." Violet expressed wholeheartedly as she continued to comfort him.

Back in the living room, Drake texted Cadence, CJ, Ben, and Lilly to come over for a while.

And of course, they did.