40

Today I am meeting Sarah. After I talked to Ben yesterday it gave me motivation. Because we never know what people are struggling with.

So now I am sitting at miss L,s cafe with Noah beside me waiting for Sarah.

"So are you still on for coming to meet my parents tomorrow for dinner?" Noah asks

"Yes, babe," I say And give him a kiss on the lips.

Just when Sarah opened the door to the cafe Noah stood up and kissed my head and then went and hugged his cousin before leaving.

"Hey" she started after sitting down.
"I think I need to explain some things to you. Look I promise you I had no idea what Javier was planning. But I felt really guilty because he was asking a lot of questions about you and if you are forgiving and so on, I suspected something was going on but was in denial, one because I liked him and two I was too afraid to tell you I was dating your personal guard.
I didn't want you to think I was using you. When Noah told me what he did I was so broken I didn't know what to do. Javier explained to me why he did what he did but I didn't give him a chance until a couple of days ago. I am really sorry Alexa. I didn't know how to be your best friend when I felt like I was the reason you got kidnapped."  She started explaining.

"The thing is Sarah I would never have minded if you told me you were dating, what hurt was that you did it behind my back, the times we were out and Javier was with us, your focus was probably with him and I was just oblivious. I have forgiven Javier because he had no choice for what he did, but what was your reason, you had a choice."

"I know and I will probably take long before forgiving myself. I really hope we can be good friends again. For us and for Noah's sake."

"Yeah.." and after that, we started talking about random things, she told me she has been going on more missions to take her mind off everything buy when Noah was hurt she stepped back again and went to working like before. After we finished we went to their company to meet Noah who was having a meeting while we talked out.

Arriving at the company we waited for the meeting to end so me Sarah and her stepmother who is also her dad's assistant, were sitting beside her office which has a view of were the meeting was.

We were laughing and making jokes about how me and Noah live in two different worlds but still are together. The illegal world meets the legal world. When the doors to the office opened and this girl came out, she looked at Noah's age and was really beautiful, she was wearing a blue dress which made her body look really beautiful. She had this smirk on her face when she saw us. Both Sarah and her step mum muttered how much they hate her and Noah was looking at me with wide eyes like he was guilty of something. After that, the girl kissed him on the cheek and then waved at us. And winked at me, like she knew who I am.

I felt really awkward at the moment. Behind Noah were his father and uncle and brother. 

"Uhm, surprise?" I said confused.

"Hey Alexa, good to see you again. I think you two need to talk so you can use the office" Noah's dad said while hugging me.

After that, me and Noah went inside the office.

"Look I don't know what she was trying to do, but she is hiring us for a personal guard, and she wants me."

" OK but you two didn't look like strangers at all."

"Uhm well cause we are not?"

"She is an ex-girlfriend isn't she," I asked him.

"Yeah, unfortunately" at that I just stared at him.

"OK, and is that why she asked for you specifically? "

"The thing is when we met her dad was having trouble with his company, they were getting threats so I was one of the guys assigned to the mission. And yeah we started dating for a while. But it didn't end well. Or actually, I broke up with her when I saw her treat Sarah and my sister when she was visiting, really bad behind my back, and she was threatening my sister to turn me against her, like wtf why would I want to choose a girl before my family. So since then, we left it at that. A couple of months ago she reached out and apologized and now she wants me as her personal guard. She is paying well for the best guards and well it's me my brother and cousin and one of our high employees. But that's only because we all have been training since we were kids. And I know my brother would never want to work with her. "

"You do whatever is best for you and your business," I said while shrugging.

"Wait that's it?"

"I don't know what you want me to say, I trust you and if it comes to the day where I don't trust you I am not having a relationship then. For me, it is all about trust"

"This is why I love you," he said while kissing me.

"I love you too babe but I hope it's not the only reason," I said with an amused look.