42

We were having the time of our life, laughing and even imitating the prudes in the restaurant every time we started laughing which made us laugh even more. 

" so what do you want for your 17th birthday," Noah asks me when we calmed down. 

 "hey your birthday is before mine, so the question is for me to ask" and at that, he laughs again. 

"ok jokes aside, how did the mission go with your ex?" I ask 

"uhm not too good?" he asks in more of a question so I just raise my eyebrow at him.

"ok, ok I didn't want to ruin our night, but it turned out all fake, which is funny because you didn't even react that I was back earlier than normal. But she had faked the threats so she could hire me so when I started looking into the threats, I could easily find the IP address and it was from her own computer, so when I confronted her she admitted to everything, that she did it so we could spend time like old times. And for me to fall for her again, which I told her would never happen because I love you, so I left." I started laughing at the situation and Noah started laughing at me. He thinks I am weird for not getting all jealous. 

After that, we went to the car and decided to go to the park and just relax. We found swings so I forced Noah to sit on the swing and let me push. He was complaining about how usually it is the other way around and I just answered that not with us. I was just feeling bad for the guard following us, or yeah sitting in his car. He must think we are super weird. 

Feeling tired I stop and go and lay on the grass watching the sky. 

" 21 questions?" Noah asks as he lays beside me and holds my hand. I just nod.

" Do you ever regret being with the De Luca family?"

" No, I love them a lot, I know their world is dangerous and all, and every day i go at the risk of being kidnapped again or shot. But they gave me a family, and they love me and treat me amazingly. What more could I ask for?" 

" Do you regret leaving your ex?" I ask him

" No, I could never live with someone who is that mean."

" Did you ever have a crush on someone?" Noah asks.

" yeah actually I have had one crush, and it was this guy that used to work out in uncle Adam's gym, I was like 11 and he was training me when uncle Adam wasn't. And one day I saw he had a mickey mouse tattoo and since then he was my crush. The only problem was that he was like 27 and the Tatto was because he had a three-year-old daughter who was obsessed with mickey mouse so he had it with the text, "the only mickey I need in my life", her name was Mikayla and the tattoo was of her with mickey ears and nose. He stills laughs at me every time he sees me after uncle Adam told him I had a crush on him" I tell him embarrassed and I can hear him trying to hide his laugh.

" Do you regret meeting me and getting involved in this world?" I ask him the last question.

" No, but honestly after the first time you got hurt, I really thought about it, because as you said it is a daily risk in their world, but you are worth it, you are worth the fight. The way you appreciate the little things, the way you treat everyone around you. Even when you get hurt or are not feeling well you still manage to smile. And I would take that over everything." at that, I just jump on him and start kissing him.

We fool around for a while but then it started getting cold so we decide to start to go home. On our way to the car, I stop and remember I haven't looked at my phone for a while, but when I take out my phone I have about 49 missed calls from my brothers and Alana, I had it on silent mode so I didn't hear a thing.  

"Noah!" I call for him, he turns around 

"yeah, love?" 

"where is my guard?" I ask as I look around not seeing any cars around.

Noah looks confused too. I see one of the texts from Alana, and show it to Noah. 

SOMEONE IS AFTER YOU 

we both start to look around to see if someone else is there. 

" Get in the car now" But before I manage to open the door Noah stops my hand. 

"There is a sound and that only means one thing" I look at him confused when he bends down and looks under the car. He takes my hand and screams at me.

" There is a bomb, run as far as you can" and so that is what we do, but we don't get far before the explosion goes. 

And the last thing I remember is hearing the explosion before everything went black.