E I G H T

••••

E Z M I E

E Z M I E

Solace, a word so alien to me. I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted of my heart and chest just by telling them some things about my childhood. I was scared the fact i was even talking so much, I've never been one to talk a lot as it got me into trouble but here i felt weird.

Safe almost

I expected them to be mad and kick me out because after all who wants a broken, tainted girl with a damaged past but they showed me differently, they showed care a feeling I've never been shown before.

The outside world feels so different than what it does within these four walls, almost like nothing can ever harm me. I had opened up a lot but not about everything something's i never want to relive.

Especially that night

Dad had made sure a doctor had checked out my injures, it was just me and mum in the room at the time but i felt safe being with her. I was fine i only had some badly bruised ribs and a sprained arms, nothing to serious.

••••

The sound of rain hammered on the glass of the window is what kept me awake that night. I sighed swinging my legs to the edge of my bed before walking over to my window seat watching as the rain drops fell.

I liked watching the droplets it was like they were racing.

The sound of my door creaking open startled me a little bit, turning round i was met with Xander who had a shy smile on his face. He walked over and sat next me neither of us saying a word, i placed my head on his lap as he combed through my hair.

"What's up Ezzie?" He asked softly

"I can't sleep" i admitted

"Why not?" He quizzed

Because he would usually come in at this time- Is what i wanted to answer but I didn't

"The rain is keeping me awake" i lied

He didn't say anything but picked me up like a weighed nothing, exiting my room we were met with darkness which terrified me. I whimpered but Alex just held me closer. I felt safe around him i knew he would protect me no matter what.

He walked for a little bit until he stopped and opened a door, it was his room. It was definitely his room it just felt like him, is it possible for a room to provide you safety.

Gently, he laid me on his bed not saying anything and then walked into his bathroom.

Xander walked out, his suit now changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I felt the bed dip and him pulling me closer in to his embrace, my head laid on his chest his hand rose to turn the lights off until I stopped him making him keep one on. He obliged, no questions asked.