T W E N T Y - F O U R

T H I R D  P E R S O N

*A few weeks later*

Affluent was always a word that was used to describe the Gray family, they came from old money as well as being the biggest mafia.

It was no surprise when they went all out for Ezmie's sixteenth birthday, it was her first birthday home and everyone was excited.

The estate was decorated over extravagantly, but that was to be expected. It's not everyday the only girl of the family turned 16.

Everyone was awake and preparing, well apart from Ezmie. The boys were happy for once not being bothered that they woke up early.

Alexander and Kayden were doing mafia work so they could spend the day with Ezmie without worrying about work.

Nicholas, Scarlet and the twins were finishing up the decorating, it had to be prefect.

And Cohan well he was making Ezmie's favourite breakfast as a surprise, she always loved Cohan's cooking.

The house smelt divine, it was tempting almost the aroma was wafting around the house.

••••

All the preparations were done and it was officially time to wake up the birthday girl, who was sleeping peacefully.

Ezmie had finally gotten rid of her nightmares, she's living live with no reminders anymore.

Except the scars but she's grown to love them

Cohan told her they will remind her how strong she is

She may have had an awful start to life but living with her family has pushed the negatives away and replaced them with positives.

Her door opened softly, her family viewing her with adoration. All they ever wanted was for their little girl to be safe and she is.

She wasn't a baby anymore though

Nichols and Scarlet were next to her shaking her not so much so she could wake up.

Her eyes fluttered open to the movement, only to be met with her family smiling down at her.

"Happy Birthday baby girl" Scarlet cooed at her daughter

"Thanks momma" Ezmie smiled

"Happy birthday princess, your getting old" Nicholas joked at his youngest

"Cheers dad, but if I'm old what does that make you" Ez laughed

"Damn dad she got you there" Kyson laughed

"Oh hi" Ezmie laughed seeing her brothers

"Happy birthday Ez" the twins shouted in unison

"Do you have to be so loud" she grumbled