T W E N T Y - S I X

••••

E Z M I E

E Z M I E

Halloween has always been my favourite time of year, you can pretend to be someone you aren't for the night.

As I was growing up I never got to trick or treat but I loved seeing everyone else in their outfits and the happiness that bounced around the neighbourhood.

Our house was decorated with Halloween decor, spider webs and bats littered the bannister of the stairs as I walked down.

The ambiance of the house felt different today, everyone felt relaxed and comforted.

Like a mentally unstable man wasn't after our family.

Everyone had their own plans today, Alex and Kayden were doing mafia work as usual, Cohan and the twins were going to a Halloween party.

And me, well I was going to a haunted house with my friends.

••••

The cold air whipped around us as we walked closer to the house, the sounds of screaming could be heard.

Everyone was dressed up, Ansley and Mason dressed up as Mortica and Gomez from the Addams family. Jude and Kai were dressed up as a warden and prisoner. While Mackaiya and Lexi were dressed as clowns.

Luke and I however we were dressed as murders from the purge which was fitting for what we had to do afterwards.

The screams echoed around the house as we walked in, my friends started to get scared but Luke, Lexi and I laughed.

Someone jumped out as soon as we walked in, I didn't react but the rest of them screamed.

Like my victims when I kill them

The house was massive and full of different rooms, that varied from what they had in.

We walked around being scared constantly even I let out a few screams which resulted in Luke laughing like he weren't doing the same thing.

Our eyes winded as we walked into one of the last rooms, it was a replica of the cell we stayed in when we were kidnapped.

I couldn't help it and burst out laughing with Luke soon doing the same, it was the irony of the situation.

"Em, it looks the same" he spluttered out between laughs

At this point our friends had walked to another room leaving us in our fit of laughs.