Epilogue Part One.

The moonlight casts shadows upon the rooftop as the night begins to embrace our corner of the world. The cold air whips through the trees, shaking the snow creating puffs of white to dance in the air. Whips of air swirl around my face as I gaze into the dark woods, enjoying the silence all around me. It's been a couple of days since Daryl killed Kevin, and the scene keeps playing over in my mind. The hopelessness I felt as I tried to comprehend what was occurring, then the relief I felt at seeing Kevin's lifeless body crumble to the ground is a constant rewind in my memory.

A cold chill runs down my spine, reflecting on what might of happend if Kevin had not been killed. I know he would have done things I couldn't have prevented, and the idea of that terrifies me still. Negan keeps assuring me that he would have done whatever it took to keep me safe, but we both know he couldn't have stopped anything. I pull my blanket closer to my shivering frame as another harsh gust of wind carves its way around the cold stone structures of the sanctuary walls.

The sound of a door creeping open and steps approaching me causes my head to turn, catching the tall savior who has captured my heart. He slowly rests beside me after planting a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Eugene said you were up here, aren't you could? It's below freezing out here," his voice laced with concern.

"It is cold, but being up here helps me think. I haven't had a chance to process all the stuff that has happend the last few days."

His gaze shifts downward as a look of regret washes over his features. His lips turn into a frown as a small tear trickles down his cheek. I gently clasp his hand while giving him a reassuring smile. My other hand wipes the tear away as I try to let him know I don't blame him.

"Stop blaming yourself, Negan; it's not your fault. Kevin came after me because he thought you killed Lucille. Now we know you didn't, so why do you feel so responsible for his actions?"

" It's more than Lucille Hanna; in his mind, I ruined his life. Kevin was put in the mental health facility because of me. Then when he does get out, I never lifted a finger to help him. The story I told you about my little girl being killed was true, and it's the main reason I wouldn't help my brother. I was too consumed in my grief.

Kevin resorted to a life of crime and began working for the mafia. He slowly worked up the ranks, resulting in him being the boss. Kevin used his power and influence, In every cruel way imaginable. He blackmailed politicians, murdered countless people, and raped so many women. Kevin was skilled in covering up his crimes until one day; he raped the wrong woman. Her name was Kelsie Dubre, the French ambassador's daughter.

Her father was friends with even more ruthless men than Kevin, which is why my brother was finally put in prison. He was only there a few days when the world went to shit, and he escaped. He met up with his old crew, and they started the Sanctuary.

Kevin thought he was invincible and now could cause even more hell without any repercussions from the law. I had heard Kevin was the leader of this place, and I knew it was my chance to start over with him. Of course, he never trusted me, so for a while, it seemed hopeless. That was until I saved Kevin's life. We both got trapped in an old convenient store, and we're both trying to kill our way out. A heavy walker knocked Kevin down, pinning him against some old shelves. I had a choice to make at that moment, and I chose wrong. I helped him, and I knew deep down I shouldn't have.

We made up after that and even became close for a few years until Lucille came. Then all the old wounds reopened, driving us apart even more than before.  I feel responsible because I saved him, and for what? For him to put you and our unborn child at risk. So many people have died because I chose to hope he would be the man I thought he would become."