Broken heart

Pain demands to be felt. This phrase is often quoted in moments where people lose someone they love. I always thought this phrase was too dramatic, that the pain of losing the man you love could be tamed, but I was wrong. The pool of expanding blood reminds me that my love is gone.

Two hours before this.

The truck wines down the lonely road, filling the air with its raspy noise. Carl keeps shifting beside me, trying to avoid being too close. The cool air from the a.c. is the only thing I am happy about right now, that and the possibility of seeing Spencer.

His beautiful eyes, broad shoulders, and smile melt my heart. I could never feel this way about Negan, he is brutal, arrogant and evil. The idea of having to be one of his wives puts an uneasy feeling deep inside of me.

I have no idea what he will require of me for not punishing Carl. Whatever it is, I know I will hate it. What if he wants sex? How will I do that?

The bond of sex between Spencer and me is magical. The care he takes in every move he makes stirs up lust inside of me. He makes sure I know he loves me. I never loved anyone before Spencer.

I had boyfriends, but nothing of substance. The cliche of soulmate alluded me my whole life until Spencer Monroe rescued me from that run down fire station.

The car comes to an abrupt halt, jerking me back to reality. The present site of Alexandria, causes a smile to form on my face, the same smile I had the day I first came here. This place fills me with hope, and it gave me the love of my life.

Negan swaggers over to the gate with Lucille resting lazily on his shoulder. His heavy boots crunch against the hard gravel, as they kick up dust behind him. That haunting whistle fills the air as he taps that horrible bat against our gate.

" Little Pigs, Little Pigs, Let me in!"

The gate opens revealing the man I love standing with an icy glare. His gun hangs loosely around his broad shoulders while his arms curves, at his side.

" Why are you here?" He growls trying to hold in his obvious anger.

Negan smirks, barring his white teeth like an animal threatening its prey.

" I came, to bring Ricks little one-eyed pride and joy back home. Where is that prick?"

Spencer sucks in a breath, steadying his anger.

" He left," Spencer quips.

" Well, I guess I have to wait for him then, come on a kid show me around."

Carl shifts uncomfortably, sliding his hands into the pockets of his worn out jeans unsure of what to do. I walk up slowly to Spencer, keeping my eyes on his.

" I have missed you!" I whisper as I embraced his warm body. His arms wrap around me possessively, as he gently kisses the top of my head.

He pulls away slightly, holding me in place with his hands on my shoulders.

" Where have you been? I have been out searching for you. "

" Negan came here this morning and offered me a deal. "

Spencer's eyes narrow, in anger.

" What kind of deal ?"

" If I came back with him, he wouldn't take everything from everyone here. "

Spencer receives, betrayal evident on his face.

" You agreed to this? What about, us ?"

Negan walks up, obviously finding this situation humorous.