Meeting at the Cabin part 2.

Trigger warning, loss of a pet, and a brief description of the death. Please don't read the story about the dog unless you're ok with it. This is only to show the beginning of how evil Kevin is. Also mentions of kidnapping and sexual assault, but no details on those.

The men gathered around the table with blank expressions on each face. Each held a gun by their side in case any of Negans people decide to make trouble. In one swift motion, they took a seat keeping their arms resting on the table. I stood up, knowing I had to ease some this quickly but also lay our plan out as soon as I could.

"Thank you all for being here.  I know it's asking a lot of you to risk your lives, and I don't want to dismiss the significance of your time. As you are now aware, Negan and his men will be working with us to take Kevin out. Oceanside, The Kingdom, and Hilltop have agreed to assist us, so that leaves our small community. Alexandria is not the biggest nor the strongest, but we have something most don't have, a reason to fight.

We each have loved ones and children that need us, and because of them, we have strived to defeat every enemy that has come our way. I want to use our home as a safe zone for the women, children, and elderly who can't fight.  This place will keep them safe until our battle is over, but I need you all to agree to it. The council was founded to make the best decisions for all who live here, and I know you will make the right choice. Please consider allowing the innocent to seek refuge here. Thank you."

I slowly sat down, unsure if my speech even worked. All of my friends keep glaring at Negan as if questioning if my plea is even genuine. My suspicions are confirmed when father Gabriel stands up, keeping his one eye on Negan. He leans forward with both palms resting on the wooden surfaces.

" Rick, we trust you, and nobody here would question your word. However, we are concerned that this could be a trap, one laid out by Negan and his brother. Have you ever considered this?" He says with concern laced in his voice.

" I have Gabriel, but the problem is, Kevin has abducted one of our own."

" Who? I haven't heard of anyone missing?" The priest asks softly.

" Hanna, he has Hanna. She was taken by him a few days ago, and we need to rescue her. Kevin wants Negan to meet him today at noon, or he will take Hanna, and we will never see her again."

" Hanna has been with Negan; isn't she his responsibility?" Maggie quips, with anger laced in her voice.

"Hanna is one of our own, and she is pregnant Maggie. Alone, scared, and with a man who would kill her without thinking twice. You know more than anyone what she is going through."

"How do we know she isn't loyal to Negan?" She barks back.

" Hanna is-"

" She isn't loyal to me; she has stayed with me because I made her. She is carrying my child, and that's why Kevin took her. I didn't care about her at first, but now, I do. I don't expect you to understand how I feel about her. All I am asking is for you all to help me free her. I am an asshole, but I am not sadistic like my brother."

" Tell me one thing, Negan, did you hurt her?" Maggie asks with a hint of anger still lingering in her voice.

" No, I didn't hurt her. I may be a dick, but I don't believe in hurting women. My brother, on the other hand, woudnt think twice; he was convicted of it before the world went to shit. He is ruthless and has no moral code. I know you think I am evil, and maybe I am, but Kevin, he is the devil. I have seen him kill and abuse people in ways you only hear about in horror films.

Rick is right; Kevin could kill Hanna without thinking twice if it would help his cause. Making me pay for my past sins is his priority, and it doesn't matter what innocent person dies in the process. I know you all hate me and have every right to. Hell, if I were you guys, I wouldn't help me either. I am not asking for myself; I am asking for her and our unborn children who will die if they aren't saved."