Tell your heart to beat again

My mind is racing with this new information. Negan has a brother? I never even thought of this man who kills without any regard to others' feelings could ever have a family. What does Kevin want? Why does he hate his brother so much? Why wouldn't they both be ruling the sanctuary together?

" Who is Kevin? And why does he want to harm you?"

Negan stays silent not giving any hint of when he might answer me. He leans back adjusting himself in his seat, as he pushes his food away.

" Kevin was my adoptive brother. My parents adopted him and   Kane when I was about ten. They both seemed nice enough so we all became very close. We got into all kinds of trouble as kids  it was a lot of fun."

" So wait a minute, you have two brothers? How come they aren't with you now since you guys were so close growing up? Did something happen?"

" Yes, I have two brothers and when this apocalypse began we were together, but things happened. So we parted ways and I haven't seen or heard from either of them in years. Kevin has every reason to hate me, so I always expected him to seek revenge someday. Kane, on the other hand, he was always more compassionate and tried to help us move past things, but it never could happen. How could it? Not after she died, there was just no way to fix it."

" Who died? And why does Kevin blame you for her death? What happened Negan?"

" I can't tell you, Hanna. I just can't. That story is something I have buried a long time ago, and I don't want to dig it back up," he responds defensively.

" Well, obviously Kevin hasn't buried it Negan. He is after you which means all of our lives are at risk. If I am going to have my life to possibly be taken I at least deserve to know why?"

The dark-haired savior says nothing to my request. He simply reaches over and grabs his drink. His gazes lingers on the amber liquid in his cup, as the tension between us builds. He brings the glass to his lips swallowing it all in one big gulp, before placing it back on the table. His large hand encases mine, as he lets out a heavy sigh.

" Kevin hates me for a terrible thing I did along time ago. I know you deserve to know but I can't tell you right now. I need time to sort this out before I go into the dark parts of my past. I also need to get back to the Sanctuary. We need to have a meeting and decide the best way to handle this threat.

We need to know how Rick and his men plan on using Kevin to take me out. We also need to know where that weasel is and how many men he has. Did good ole redneck say where Kevin is located?"

" No, he didn't Negan, if you want to find Kevin then Rick or Daryl are your only chance. Maybe you can make a deal with Rick, one that makes him rethink his alliance with Kevin."

" What kind of offering do you suggest?"

" Only Rick would know what his demands would be Negan. It's worth trying in order to avoid a war."

" Once I know what I am dealing with then I will consider a deal. I am not willing to give up power if I don't have too. Kevin might not have the same manpower as me. He could be saying he has men when he doesn't hoping Ricky boy will help anyways."

" I don't think so Negan. Daryl seemed convinced that Kevin does have a lot of men and could really help them in taking you down. I would make a deal while you can."

" I said I will check things out first before I decide on any deal. Now, let's finish our food so we get you bathed. You stink like the woods, and I don't sleep next to people who smell like a forest."

"Wow! Nice way to be charming Negan. Do you always speak to your wives like that? No  wonder they don't sleep with you often."

"Who says they don't sleep with me often?"