"Hello Kevin."

The past couple of days came and went quickly for me. Negan has been spending long hours with Eugene making sure the sanctuary's new security system is fully operational. Along with that, Negan has been working with Simon, Gregory, and Ezekiel to start a group rotation.

Basically, each group will send out ten men from each group to secure the perimeter. Each group's rotation will last for three days; after that, the following group will be sent off to replace the current one. The sanctuary goes first, followed by The kingdom, and Hilltop. The idea is that we each keep each other safe and are to be aware if or when Kevin might attack.

In addition to patrolling the area, the men will be searching nearby places where Kevin could be hiding. No place is off-limits. The men will search nearby abandoned homes, stores, barns, or even shopping malls must be scoured. This agreement was finalized this morning when Gregory and Ezekiel came to us to sign our new treaty.

Negan has also insisted that I be watched at all times. I have a bodyguard, Regina. She was in the mafia before the world ended and now uses her skills for Negan. According to Negan, she is deadly with a gun, a crossbow, and her fighting skills are unmatched by anyone. Regina is a badass and the perfect person to keep me safe.

She may be able to protect me, but she isn't much for talking. I have tried the past couple of hours to engage her in any type of conversion, noting piquing her interest. I am almost positive she is just trying to keep me from leaving as I did before.

I know she could have lost her life for my behavior, and she is probably still pissed at me. She was called by Simon to do night duty after I promised her the liquor she and Arat wanted. So they didn't even get to enjoy a night of drinking for their silence. Deciding I have nothing to lose, I try to offer it to her now.

" I could still get you that thing we discussed before. I know you haven't had the time to enjoy-"

" You honestly think I care about some fucking bottle of vodka? We have paid a heavy price for your little play date.  Or did Negan not tell you?" She relays with venom in her tone.

" I didn't know Negan knew. He hasn't said anything to me. What did he do?"

" Arat was moved to another outpost to do redirect duty, and I am stuck here babysitting you, " she snarls.

" So, you can't see each other anymore because of me?"

" Yes, I can't see the woman I love because of you!" Regina spits out.

" I am so sorry. I know what that's like."

" How could you know?"

"The day Negan brought me here, he had killed the man I loved. Then when I disobeyed him, he made me believe my brother was dead as a punishment. Which caused me to lose one of my babies."

Her face softens as she hears my tragic story. She is carrying the pain of loss too and hurts just as much as my own.

" I will do what I can to bring Arat back to you. I am so sorry you are paying for my mistake."

" I had no idea you suffered so much loss. I knew Negan brought you here, but I didn't know any of the details. Simon simply said Negan had added another wife, which was not uncommon for him until you came."

" Well, Negan is trying to make things better between us, and adding another woman wouldn't help his cause. I will do what I can to help you, Regina. Did Frankie get in trouble too?"

" I know they fought, but I don't know anything else. Frankie has been in her room since that day. She refuses to see anyone."

" Man, I need to speak with her too. I told her I would try to convince Negan to let her see her husband."