I promise

Moonlight shines into our room, casting its light onto our bare bodies. Swirls of white linen are bunched up in heaps on the end of the bed, while our blanket is in high peaks on the floor. The night wind howls at the pale moon who refuses to answer her call.

Puffs of white dance to the haunting song, in precise moments through the air. The window pains groan as more layers of snow gather upon them, matching the festering anger of the wind.

It's like nature echoes from its surroundings. The impending war we are about to face is affecting everything within its path. It seems even the elements are unsure of whose side to take. Or maybe it's only me who is questioning? Perhaps the subtle conflict I am attributing to my surroundings is a reflection from within myself.

Either way, I don't know what my decision will be. Do I stand with my group? Or do I stand with a man I might be starting to care for? I want nothing more than for  Negan to mean his words and for him to be involved in our child's life. The problem is Rick wouldn't allow it, and I can't let him kill Negan either.

One of my children will grow up without a father; I won't allow Negan's child to suffer that fate. The question remains, then how do I stop it? Is there a direction that could lead to peace?

Sucking in a deep breath, I ponder all of this. Turning my head, I see my bed partner still sound asleep. His soft snores gently drift into my ears, confirming he won't be awake for a while. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps. His dark locks lay messily on top, his head casting shadows on his cheeks.

His thick lashes gathered neatly on his high cheekbones as his steady breathing matches the rise and fall of his chest. He is a handsome man; I can't deny that. Part me cares about him and doesn't want him harmed in any way.

Then the other side of me wishes for justice. He did kill Spencer, breaking my heart in a way I am unsure it can heal from. I know that's the hurt part of me that is still struggling to forgive him. I might never fully trust Negan, and that erupts a renewed hesitancy of giving him entrance into my heart.

A sharp movement within me turns my attention away from my thoughts. Is that the babies moving? I guess I should be feeling them by now.

Glancing down at my stomach, my heart melts like butter on toast. I can see a rounded ball protruding from my abdomen, gently reminding me of my new future.

It's so strange. I never thought of being a mother. Now, I can't imagine not being one.  I always considered myself to be that woman who would never be a mom. I wanted a career like my mom, and to be able to travel.

I never imagined an apocalypse would disrupt my plans.  I still wish I could have those things; they are desires that I hope one day to have. In the meantime, I have children who will soon be in this world. A few short months and my life will be complicated by two little humans.

I can feel them both fluttering around inside of me. Each movement is catching my attention. I can feel a smile form on my lips, knowing Spencer's child will live.  A spark of our love continues, and I will never forget him. A symbol of our deep affection for one another will help me heal one day.

A sudden kick reminds me I have Negans child as well. I wonder how are child will be? One thing is for sure; I will do my best to influence our child's behavior. I hope Negan will see that our child needs him to be an example and not direct our kid down the wrong path.

Either way, a small version of Negan will be interesting to watch. Regardless of the gender, I have a feeling our hands will be quite full. Children are not copies of their parents, so I guess I should wait to see what personality traits they do take on.