Taking the kid home

My hands gripped the cold glass, as my eyes travel around the room full of women. Each one perfectly dressed in a black dresses. A blond girl's eyes twitch as she wipes her nose with her hand.

While another redhead girl rests her polished nails under her chin, boredom etched on her face. They all look dissatisfied with their lives, all but one.

Jasmine's icy glare sends chills down my spine. Her fingernails dig into the couch, ripping small pieces out with every flick of her fingers.

My eyes quickly left hers, eager to make contact with Sherry's kind ones.
What did I have to lose talking to her? Maybe it would help to make friends.

" Negan brought me here to become one of his wives. He didn't give me a choice on whether I actually want to be one or not. I am actually in love with another guy back home."

I could feel the tears resting in the corners of my eyes, as Spencer's face flashes in my mind.

The redhead's slender arm reaches up, like a kid in school, the one who always knows the answers to every damn question. Her green eyes sparkle, as she pours herself another drink.

" I would like to know what hottie stole your heart? He must be an amazing man to get a hot little piece of ass like you, " she comments with a wink.

My face blushes at her comment. I have never been called hot by a woman. It is a new sensation for me. Maybe she likes girls? That might be something fun to explore later on.

Hold it together Hanna. You love Spencer, you can't be attracted to her, but damn her red lipstick does highlight her perfect lips, and her purple eyeshadow does accentuate the shape of her eyes.

I shook my sinful thoughts away, eager to rid myself of my flustered state.

" His name is Spencer. He is the son of our former leader Diana. She died after we got attacked by another group called the wolves. I am the only person he has, and Negan took me."

Amber looks at me sympathetically.
" I didn't have a choice either. My mom was sick and needed medicine. The only way for her to get it was if I became Negan's wife. The man I love is Mark. "

Jasmine' eyes immediately shift their gaze to the doe-eyed girl. She skilfully glances Ambers way. Her words eager to pounce on their prey, while her lips curve into a wicked smile.

" We all know you still secretly see him. One day Negan will find out, and when he does Mark will pay the price ." She shows no remorse, she almost sounds eager to see Amber suffer.

She must be the bitch of the group.

Sherry frowns, as she sends Jasmin a mean look.

" I think he already knows. Dwight told me that Negan was coming to talk to me about something. He said it had to do with one of us being seen with another man."

Amber's eyes began to water at the thought of being caught. " I can't let Mark die because of me. What should I do ?"

Sherry walks over to Ambers aid. Trying to run her stiff shoulders with the back of her hand.

" You will pull yourself together. You will admit you did wrong and that you're sorry. That's the only way to save his life."

Amber wipes her eyes with her hands trying to calm her anxiety.

" I will do my best"