The sanctuary

A large metal factory is up ahead. Large clouds of black smoke spill out from the massive  pipes above. Guards stand  watch above a  chainlink fence.  The living dead  are chained below, moaning  and groaning for human flesh. I move forward in my seat trying to take in the sight before me.

" Is this where you live ?" The way this place looks, escaping will be impossible. Negan turns  the wheel guiding us into the secured gate.

" This is home. It's now your home too. Once I deal with the kid, we can talk about the  rules around here."

My face contorts in confusion, unsure of what he means by rules. I am not a child.

" What rules ?"

Negan waves to a young man holding a large gun, hanging off his shoulder.  The man instantly yells to a  man below him to open the gate. The gate creaks open allowing us in but quickly slams shut just as the back of the truck clears the entrance.

Negan climbs out of the truck, meeting with   an older man with a curly mustache. The older mans hands rest on his hips while he relays the information to his boss.

"Negan, we secured the area to make sure nobody else was with him and burned the dead men. I do need to mention we had a problem with redirect duty. "

Negan's narrows his eyes visibly angry by this news.

"What happened?" He grits out.

The man shuffles  his feet under Negan's harsh gaze. The bobbing of his adam's apple is amplified as he cleares his throat.

" A large herd clogged up the roads for a few hours until we were able to clear it. The man who was supposed to be taking care of that was Mark. I did a little digging and it turns out he skipped out in order to be Amber."

His large hand clutches Lucile in a deathly grip, causing his knuckles to turn white.

" Throw Mark in cell two, then tell Dwight to come to see me."

" Yes, sir boss."

Simon walks away with an evil smile adorning his face. Negan strolls  over to the passenger side of the truck  jerking it open with one harsh tug.

" Time to take a tour of your new home baby."

I cring at his nickname but decide it's was best to leave it alone. I am more concerned with Carl then taking a tour. I follow behind Negan to a set of large metal doors that leads inside this massive fortress.

" When can I see Carl ?"

Negan slamms the door behind us jolting me slightly from the loud noise. He wrapps his arm possessively over my shoulder not allowing me to leave his side. I flinch slightly at the close contact.

" I am going to show you around first, then we can see the kid. I know you think he is suffering in that cell, but trust me is far safer there then out here."

" Are your men that dangerous to be around ?"

" Not always, but since your people killed a lot of mine, it would be wise to not leave my side. The people here had family members at that outpost. "

The dark gray walls are accented with small lights. The sound of boots hitting the concrete floors is the only thing that can be heard as we walk up to a large platform. The heavy metal railing is the only thing keeping me from falling to my death.

Negan taps Lucille on the yellow railing alerting the workers below of his presence. The little worker bees scramble to their knees in reverence to their leader.

" The Saviors have gone out and collected some really cool stuff. Some of that stuff can be yours if you work hard and follow the rules. Today, everyone gets fresh vegetables at dinner. No points needed." 

The crowd erupts in cheers and smiles. They seem satisfied by this generous act. Negan turns his body around, allowing his back to rest against the metal railing.

" You see that! Respect. It's what I demand from my people in exchange for keeping them safe. If I don't get that respect, well, I think you can guess what happens. Now let's go   meet my other  wives."

We walk up a long flight of stairs to a third level. It opens up with fancy light fixture adorning the hallway. A stark difference to the lower levels that were plain. This hallway has multiple large rooms.  I am guessing that his wives stay in them, along with Negan himself. We walk up to a large set of wooden double doors that are already open, giving me a view of the inside.

I see five women sitting on soft cushioned seats. They are all dressed in black cocktail dresses and heels.
They seem to be well taken care of despite this being an apocalypse.  

"Ladies, this is my new wife Hanna. "

Their heads whip in our direction all their focus is on me. Their warm smiles instantly put me at ease. They don't seem to be miserable, but I won't hold my breath on that. One walks up with medium length blond hair and brown eyes. She reaches her hand out for me to shake as she introduces herself.

" I am Sherry. " 

She points to a redhead on a couch next to a beautiful brunet.

  " The redhead is Franky, and that's Tonya sitting by her, over in the corner is Amber, and the girl sitting by the window is Jasmine ."  

I smile politely at all of them trying to be civil. I hate that I have to join this harem of women, but I guess if they are nice it will not as be bad.

" I expect all of you to make her feel welcome while I go take care off a little situation with an uninvited guest.  Hanna, when I am done talking to Carl I will come to get you. I expect you to be here when I come back.  "

Sherry gives me her hand, then motion for me to join her on the couch beside her.

" So Hanna, tell us about yourself ?" 

Sherry's gentle face calms the anxiety in me making me feel more comfortable to speak.

" What would you like to know ?"