Broken

Dream.

The sun shines down on me, filling my heart with joy. Spencer holds my hand as we walk along the sandy shores. The warm breeze blows my hair, as I gaze at the waves crashing against the sand. Spencer's blue eyes sparkle with love.

" You know I wish you could stay here, but you can't. You have to go back. "

" No! I want to stay here with you. I can't live there anymore. I lost our baby and you. How can I move on? "
I plead, desperate to stay.

"I know about our baby, but she is okay now. She is here with me, and I promise she will be here when it's your time. She loves you so much, and I do too. One day you will have a new love and a new family."

Tears flood my eyes as I look at my lovers pleading eyes.

" I don't want a new love, I want you."

His warm hand caresses my face, comforting me.

" You have to be the strong woman I know you are. I know you want to stay here, but there is a broken soul who needs you.

What does he mean by a broken soul?

" I love you, Hanna.  Our daughter and  I will be watching you every day, keeping you safe from the dangers ahead. Now go back home."

" I can't go back! I love you " I plead, as his figure slowly disappears.

My eyes slowly open, sending me back to my hell hole. I blink twice as I take in the room. The soft sheets under me feel cool on my warm skin. The heavy blanket is made of silk, confirming this room isn't mine.  It has to be  Negan's room. My eyes scan the room, landing on a man's form.

It's not just any man, it's my brother. The man I thought was dead is alive. I don't understand how he is alive?

His body is currently slumped in a chair, as he sleeps soundly. I look at him carefully, making sure he is in fact alive.

" Eugene?" I question, barely above a whisper.

His eyes shoot open, as fresh tears immediately slip down his cheeks.

"Hanna? You're alive? Thank God."

" What happened? I thought you were dead? I saw your body on the ground?"

His face falls with regret, while his bottom lip trembles, as fresh sobs, rack his body.

" I am so sorry. It was never supposed to happen!   It was only intended to make you conform. Not nearly kill you. I  have caused your child's death. I should have never helped him do this, " he confesses.

" I was pregnant?"

The news of losing a child is like another stab into my heart.  Did I really lose two people? How will I go on? Who do I grieve for first? My child or Spencer?

" You both took my child from me. How do you expect me to forgive you?" I spat.

" I don't. I know forgiveness for my actions is not obtainable. My only defense sounds irrational when said out loud."

" And what's that?" I scoff.

" I was only following orders, " he admits remorsefully.

" Your right it doesn't help your case. Last I checked it didn't help for anyone involved in something terrible."

" I know you are upset and don't want to hear this, but I did it for you."

" No, don't use that bullshit excuse. How can you look at me and tell me that? You did this for yourself. To save your own ass. You have always allowed people to suffer for you."