Betrayal.

My fingers glide over the soft sheet that encase me. I am so thankful I am not in a cell, or in Negans bed.

I lift the covers off me, as I place my feet on the carpet. The soft fabric tickles my feet as I walk to the shower.  I twist the handle, and feel the hot water against my cold skin.

This feels amazing.

I shower then wrap a towel around me just as my door opens. I clutch the towel holding it in place,  as Eugene walks in, holding a tray of food. 

" I was told to bring you breakfast,  and keep you company for the time being ."

I turned around,  eager to get clothes on. " Okay,  well let me get dressed, and we can eat."

I walk  away to  chang into a black dress hanging in the closet.  I grabb the matching underwear and slipped on as well.  Eugene stayed put on the bed, and waited for me to get done.

" So, are you one of his wives ?"

" I am. He told me he would kill you if I didn't become one.  I will get us out of here.  I know if we can just escape,  then I can be back home and you can be safe.  "

Eugene's face holds no emotion,  as his eyes glance at me. " I was given a job here. I will help make this place more secure, and in return I am safe.  Worrying about me is a futile effort.
One that is unnecessary at this juncture just worries about doing your job. "

He can't be serious.

I jolted from the bed,  anger rising indie of me. " You cannot mean that!
We have to leave! I can't stay here and play house with Spencer's murder! Negan killed the man I love! I hate him!"

" In my experience hate and love can fall on the same scale.  They are both passionate emotions,  that can do harm or good. Yes, he did kill Spencer,  but Spencer tried to kill him. It's only natural for somebody to defend one's life. "

" How can you say that to me? I am your sister! Please don't turn against me!"

" I am not against you,  in any way. If you are intent on leaving that is your prerogative, but I am staying.  Rick let us be taken, and he didn't stop it. He abandoned us, and we should just align  ourselves with Negan.  It makes the most sense.  You have nobody back home Hannah. Spencer is dead. "

" Get out! I can't listen to this!"

My entire body was shaking with anger,  as my brother walks away.

How could he turn on me?

Eugene' s P.O.V.

I knew she would be angry, but she has to see this is our new home.  Her door slams shut,  jolting me a little as I stand in the hallway. My eyes scan the halls seeing workers mopping floors,  and cleaning rooms.

A loud whistle sends a chill down my spine.  Causing all workers to kneel.

I bent down, complying with this strange custom. Negan walks down the hall with his bat resting on his shoulder. His dark presence scares me more than anyone ever had.

" Eugene, come on up big guy. "

I weekly comply,  keeping my eyes on the ground.

" So, how is my new wife? Is  she behaving  herself?" His voice was laced with humor, but also darkness looms underneath.

" She is fine. I do think she needs time. Her loyalty is not 100 percent on board with things here. I am not entirely sure of her exact intentions at this juncture,  but she has no intention of staying here forever. I would have her watched."

Negans gaze never leaves the side of my head.  He lifts his bat under my chin,  pulling my eyes up to meet his dark ones. " She will learn to not cross me, and you're going to help me do it. Once she gets a taste of what I am capable of, she will do exactly as I say. Follow me Dr. Smarty Pants. "

I gulp nervously, as I follow him, unsure of what he intends to unleash.