Snitch

Sticking my tongue out, small snowflakes melt in my mouth. The tiny flakes feel wonderful inside my warm mouth causing and even bigger to appear smile on my face.

" Your lips are turning blue Hanna, we better get back inside. It's not good for you to get too cold. Especially since your pregnant."

" I know, but it's so nice to be out here and not stuck in that room. I can't do anything and it sucks."

" Have you thought about maybe asking the other wives to come  hang out with you"

" I can't, none of them besides you knows I am pregnant. Negan wants me to be isolated as much as possible to keep me safe but it's driving me insane."

" Well ask Eugen to come spend time with you. He is your brother, I am sure he could help your time pass more pleasantly."

" I don't think he wants to hang out with me. Every time I see him he seems so depressed."

" He still blames himself, Hanna. I think he needs to be released so he can heal, " Frankie states in a whisper.

" I already told him I forgive him Frankie I don't know what else to say."

" Saying the words doesn't work Hanna. You have to show him you have forgiven him."

" How?"

" Have you spoken to him since the night you and Negan watched the video about your parents?"

" No, I haven't, but I have been trying to stay in the room. Negan wants me to be safe."

" You haven't spent any time with him? No watching a movie? Or even checking to see if he needs anything?"

" Well, no. I guess I have been avoiding him in away. I know it wasn't all his fault, but he did participate in the death of my child."

" So did Negan. Why is it easier to forgive Negan? And not Eugene?"

" I guess because I wasn't close to Negan when it happened. With my brother, I always felt like I could trust him and now I want to trust him but I don't."

" Do you love your brother?"

" Of course I do. He has been my best friend my whole life. He has never left me down until that day, and I guess I am still angry with him. I know I shouldn't be, but I am."

" You can love someone and not trust them, Hanna. You don't trust Negan yet, but you care about him. Not trusting your brother doesn't mean you don't love him, it simply means trust has to be rebuilt.

All I am saying is try spending some time with him while Negan is away. It's an opportunity for you both to start down the road of reconnecting."

" I know your right, I guess it's just easier to not face it but that's not fair to either of us. Let's go back inside and I will try to see if my brother can spend some time with me."

Frankie's eyes sparkle with hope just as her lips curve into a sweet smile.

" Good, I hope he does. Now let's get out of this freezing cold. I can't feel my toes. I hope they didn't freeze off."

" That's because you're not wearing enough pairs of socks. If you're not wearing at least four pair, then you lose a toe. It's common northern since."

" Whatever smart ass, " Frankie remarks between giggles.

Frankie walks over to stand beside me then tucks her arm under mine. We both take careful steps to the entrance of the sanctuary, hoping to not fall on the ice. Frankie reaches for the door, but it opens up revealing two upset women. Arat and Regina are both standing in our way, with annoyed expressions on their faces. Regina keeps her hands on her hips as she glares at us both.