Loss

Hanna' s P.O.V

My eyes narrowed as I glanced out the window. People hurried along the ground, doing their designated chores. I can't believe I am stuck here in this metal prison. I place my hand on the window feeling the warmth of the sun.

I miss that feeling, the feel of the hot sun on me as I did guard duty back home. I had a life there, a man that loved me, and friends that cared about me. A dull ache fills my heart, as I think about them.

I have to get out of here.

My door swings open, sending a rush of cold air over my shoulders.

" Hanna, we need to talk. " That all to familiar deep voice spoke, irritating me.

I keep gazing at the high trees in the woods. " What about?"

Heavy steps approach me, as hands place themselves on bare shoulders. His hot breath fans my neck, sending chills down my spine.

" You know, I thought I made it clear, this was your new home, that you need to accept that. I was fucking wrong. You think you can leave here, and I wouldn't send my fucking men after you?" He growls out.

What is he talking about?

I jerk away from him, turning my firm gaze to meet his.

" What are you talking about? " I spat, as I cross my arms over my chest.

" I fucking know about your little plan to leave here, and go back to Alexandria. You thought  I wouldn't find out that my new wife is planning on leaving me?"

" I didn't say that. Whoever told you that is lying. "

Negan walks up to me, placing his strong arms on my wrists. He jerks me against the wall, placing his leg between mine, keeping me in place.

" Do. Not. Lie to Me. Eugene told me your fucking plan and was smart enough to not cross me. You on the other fucking hand, have been a very naughty girl. I told you as long as you did what I asked he would be safe.  Since you insist on defying me, well now, you have to fucking pay the price. "

My chest heaves up and down, as beads of sweat pour down my face.

" I am not afraid of you. " I grit out.

His face breaks out into a devilish smile.
" Oh, you will be. "

He moves back, allowing me to breathe a little. He places my hand in his and leads me out of my room. Dim lights litter the hallway, as we walk down the stairs. He pushes open a door, that leads outside to an open courtyard.

The sun beats on me, giving me some warmth from the cool air. The yards empty, as we walk to the back of the building, where a trickle of blood starts.

My heart begins to race, as I take each step. The blood pools, at one central location, around a dead body.

My eyes quickly glance over it, noting the clothes, and body size. My heart sinks, as I realize I know this person.
Tears flood my eyes as the evil man beside me laughs.

" I told you not to fucking push me, Hanna. You wanted to anyway. That poor asshole paid the price. Was it worth it ?" He taunts.

I crumble to the ground, my bare knees scrape against the gravel, stinging my legs. This was all my fault.  I should have never pushed Negan, and now my brother is dead.

My hands cling to his shoulders, as tears streamed down my face. Another man has died because of me. My heart shatters like broken glass, with no hope of being put back together.

" I am so fucking sorry. This is on me.
I am so sorry. " I continue  to hold his dead body. His head was bashed in, leaving no chance he would turn.

Negans large hand caresses my shoulder, as I continue to cry.

" I am sorry. I really am, but you need to obey the rules. The rules keep us alive. Nobody is immune to them, not even you." 

My brother's blood mingles with my tears, that pools at my knees. I suddenly move to my stomach, as a sharp pain grips me. I grip my brother's leg, as another stabbing pain hits me. Soon, I find it hard to stay awake, and all I see is black.

Negan's P.O.V.

Her body crumples to the ground, making her lay limply on the ground. Blood drips down her legs then falls to the hard ground below.

I gently pick her up, carrying her to see Carson.  I kick open the door, then place her gently on the bed.

Carson rushes over, his face full of concern. " What happened?"

I clear my throat, while I run my fingers through my hair.

" She just passed the fuck out! Then I noticed blood coming down her legs! I don't fucking know what happened?"

Carson examines her, then plunges a needle into her arm. He then glances up at me, worries etched on his face.

" Her body is trying to miss carry her baby. Did she have a sudden trauma?

This was my fault.

I let outs sigh, while I rest my hands on my hips. "Yes, she thinks her brothers dead. I staged it so she should not think about running away.
Will she lose the baby? "

Carson took his glasses off, setting them on his desk. " She will, but when she comes too, you will need to tell her."

You fucking bastard.

I clench my hands at my side, as I take  in his words.

" Let me know when she wakes up. Don't worry about points, she is my wife.  I will tell her when she wakes up."

" Of course sir."

I walk out the door, knowing this was on me. Her baby died because of me. Hanna lost another person because of me. How will she ever forgive me for this?