Determined

Hannah's P.O.V.

The cool night wind whips against my skin,  as we walk to our table. An elegant wooden table sits on the rooftop, with a bottle of champagne, along with two plates of food. Negan pulled out a chair,  and pushed it in, then sat across from me. The candles illuminate his face,  showing off his five a clock shadow. 

" I hope your hungry darling, I made sure we got the best shit in the fucking house. "

I glance down at my plate,  the intoxicating aroma fills my nose with delight. Fresh steam makes small puffs of smoke off the hot meat.  The mashed potatoes, and roll, immediately make my stomach growl. I want to eat,  but my mind drifts to one recurring thought. 

Would he rape me?

Negan notices my apprehensiveness and places his hand on shaking my one.

" I may be an asshole,  but I promise,  I won't hurt you."

My head whips up, allowing my eyes to make contact with his.

" You won't rape me?"

" Fuck No! That shit isn't allowed here. I wouldn't want to be anywhere where it was.  "

A wave of relief washes over me, as my stomach unknotted a little. Taking small bites, I managed to eat some food. The savory taste of potato soup, assaulted my tongue with pleasure, the next course of grilled chicken, and vegetables, end our meal. 

Negan opens a  bottle and poured us both a glass. "How, long have you known that asshole Rick ?"

I place  my glass down abruptly, trying to hold my temper in." I met them, while my brother and I were with another group.  We were traveling to Washington,  in hopes of finding a place to start over.  Eugene figured they would have some kind of set up, a place we would be safe. Rick had a large group of people with him that were fleeing from an attack from their former home. "

" Why did you decide to stay with them?"

" I was not a fan of being with them originally,  but that all changed when I saw how much they cared for each other. Rick did everything in his power to  make sure his people were safe when this group called the wolves attacked us."

" So how did you guys end up at Alexandria? "

" This guy named Aaron met us on the road and offered us a safe place to stay. He guaranteed us food, water,  electricity,  and our home ."

Negan wipes his mouth with his napkin,  then places it down on his lap. " So is that when is your heart fucking melted for lover boy ?"  He replies snarkily.

My eyes narrow, like my hands, clench the tablecloth.  " I may have to be here with you,  but the least you can do is not mention him. Do you know what's it's like to lose someone you love? Have you ever loved anyone?"

Negans amber eyes flashed,  as his gaze fixes on me.  For a moment he is simply looking at me. Maybe pondering on answering my question.

" I did."

" You did what?"

" Love someone."

" She must not be around anymore. Did she die-"

" I won't discuss her now, or ever. That's a subject that's in my past. Where it fucking belongs."  His deep voice almost cracks, as he struggles to not cry.

At least I know he has some emotions. He acts as nothing bothers him. Maybe there is s man deep inside of him? Or maybe I am just being a hopeful fool?

Negan places his fork down on the table,  then lifts himself up. " I am ready to go back in." He holds out his hand, helping up from my seat.

The doors open for us, then snap behind us quickly.  We walk down the dimly lit halls, as ever-growing anxiety bubbles up in me. I know what would come next, but I know I am not ready.

I can't do what he expects. How could I? He took me from the man I love and forces me to be here.  I love Spencer with all my heart. He has shown me what love actually is, and I could never love Negan like that.

I bite my lower lip, trying to keep from crying. I soon feel hot tears stream down my cheeks. My hands clutch my dress, as I struggle to hide the shaking.

We arrive at his door, the impending doom hovering over me like a dark cloud. I know I can't do this, but how do I tell him? Will, he hurt my brother?  Or will he honor his words earlier? He can't be trusted. He killed Spencer.

Negan pulls his key then opens the door for me to walk in. My whole body stiffs not wanting to enter.

His broad shoulders are on display,  as he removes his jacket,  then tosses it onto the couch.   His large frame takes determined steps,  bringing in himself closer to where I stand. 

" You know I meant what I said. I don't rape. I only have sex with a woman who begs me too. You are not ready for me. That's  fine because when you are, I will enjoy the hell out of you."  He deep voice echoes off the stone walls, jolting me slightly.

My eyebrows furrow,  while I  process his words. Does he mean I can go back to my room?

" Do you mean I can leave?"

His lips curve into a devilish smirk, as he backs away, heading instead to his closet.

" Of course you can. I don't force a woman to have sex with me. Even if I am dying to have them. I know once I get a taste of you it will be like heaven. You go sleep and enjoy your night."

With clothing draped over his arm, he heads for his shower but stops in the doorway before he enters. His head snaps my direction, as an evil smile rests on his face.

"Stop by Frankie's room will you? I could use a good massage."

A bit of anger bubble up in me. He actually asked me to fetch another woman for him. This guy is not only evil but enjoys multiple women. He may have loved someone once, but he doesn't know. I wonder if he could ever love again?  I won't stay to find out. I leave his room, more determined than ever to escape.