Time in peace

Hanna's P.O.V.

My breath gets caught in my throat as Franky adjusts my nude body on the couch. Her soft hands send shocks of electricity down my arms as she places them on my small stomach.

" There, now this is just precious. I can't wait for this to be done. I want to do this in black and white. That way the contrasting colors will catch the light, which is perfect for this kind of portrait." She exclaims happily.

" How long will this take?"

My heart hammers in my chest as her twinkling eyes catch mine. She dips her brush in the paint, ignoring my question.

My artist's eyes bounce from her canvas to me,  as she begins her work.
Her hands skillfully move the brush in determined strokes. My eyes analyze her nose scrunching as the angling of her head turns to the right.

I feel so exposed under her gaze, but also alive. Goosebumps litter my skin as the cool air caresses me. The clock on the wall ticks in rhythm with my heartbeat increasing my anxiety of being caught like this.

What if Negan thinks we did something? What if she gets in trouble for letting me come to her room. I can't allow her to be punished because of me. I already have to apologize to my brother for his suffering.

" Stop scowling,"  Franky scolds abruptly, jolting me out of my thoughts.

" I am not scowling. I was thinking."

" Your eyebrows furrow when you think. It makes you look mad. So stop worrying about this. Negan won't hurt me if that's what you're concerned about.

He knows your upset, that's why he will not come looking for you tonight.
So relax, and just enjoy the quiet time.
This is a rare treat for you to enjoy, and cherish. The sanctuary is a brutal place to live. Full of death, punishments, and fear.

Moments like this won't be available all the time. This is the first time you can be alone, without an oppressing husband over your neck."

A small giggle escapes my lips, as I think of my situation right now. I am bare naked with a hot woman painting me.
This is the first time I have been left alone since I arrived.

No pressure of someone living in my hands, or the pressure of fighting off the dead. My thoughts wander to Spencer, and how much I miss him. And to the child, I will never know.

I long to feel his strong arms around me encasing me with love. I wish I could hear his sultry voice whispering naughty desires in my ear. I wish I had something to help me keep his memory alive in my heart.

There is so much I wish I could tell him right now, that  I can't. Negan took that away from me for his own selfish gain. He knew if Spencer had lived I would always be fighting to be back with him. Even if Spencer had won, Negan wouldn't have upheld his word.

I would still be here separated from my friends, isolated and afraid. Living alone with a man that only wants my body for his pleasure. A man that collects woman like trophies for his men to be envious of his pleasure filled existence. 

I still have to keep my brother safe. Even if I hate Negan, he is still my husband. One I have to eventually sleep with. I have no clue how I will? I have so much hate in my heart for him. Maybe I can use his guilt to my advantage. I know he feels bad about me losing my baby, so that might bide me some time.

Negan doesn't rape, so he if he wants me. He will have to agree to my terms.
I have to be careful since I am not in the best spot for negotiations.  I can see the longing in his eyes for me.

I know that if I keep him on a hook long enough, my wishes will be considered. I can't just let him have me without paying a price.

" I am done," Franky exclaims as she places her brush down on the table.

I quickly grab a robe then walk over to her large canvas. The sight before me fills my heart with overflowing joy.
The black and white paint glistens in the sunlight, creating a perfect glow around it.

My body is perfectly draped on the couch, with my hands placed behind my head. The smile etched on my face is of someone carrying deep pain. Even in my smile, my pain shines through. The loss I have endured is framing me in this painting. The dimple on my left cheek is captured perfectly by her shading along my jawline.

" It's perfect, thank you, " I muse happily.

Franky smiles, as she sees my enjoyment of her work.

" Your welcome. It was my pleasure."

A loud knock jolts us both in place by the portrait.

" Franky? Are you there? I want a massage,  " Negan grumbles behind the door.

" Oh shit," I whisper.