Conecting to Her

Hanna's P.O.V.

Negan continues to pound on Franky's door, as we both stay frozen in place.

" Hide in the closet. He never goes in there. "Frankie whispers.

I silently nod, then do as I am told. I slowly shut the door, and wait for Negan to enter. Frankly places a cover over her work, then opens the door for our husband.

I hear Negan's heavy boots make their way to the bed, near my hiding place.

" What took you so long?" Negan asks exasperatedly.

" I was busy trying to finish a painting. "

" Who are you painting this time?"

My heart races, at the thought of him seeing me like that.

" It's a surprise Negan. It's not ready yet, besides, I always let you see when it's ready. These things take time. An artists work is never done in one day."

Frankie states smoothly. I can hear Negan begin to relax under her touch. His deep labored breaths, begin to subside, and his movements seem to cease.

" I came here not just for a massage. I need some advice." 

He then lays down on the couch, awaiting his massage. Frankie moves quickly, trying to keep him distracted.

"You usually only need my advice when it comes to your wives. So which one did you argue with this time?"

" My new one, Hanna. She left and I had to bring her back here. She hates me."

" Why did she leave?"

"She lost her child and the man she loved. I found her sitting at her dead lovers grave."

I could hear a long sigh, then silence for a few minutes.

" You killed her lover and her child?"

" Yeah, I did. He lost the bet we made and decided to try and kill me. I guess he couldn't sense the fact his girl was mine now. He tried to be a  hero. Then she tried to escape and I had her brother help me stage his fake death. She was so upset she miscarried her child."

My heart hurt, hearing him talk about it so casually. The pain of losing someone so wonderful haunts me daily. My soul feels like an empty wasteland of despair. I long to feel the refreshing sense of water but am denied it. I can't stand living without my child and Spencer. It doesn't seem right.

It's like the water is ahead of me, waiting to help feel again, but then leaves as soon as I get there. My pain is a never-ceasing burn, that stings every moment I am awake.

Silent tears fall from my eyes, as I refocus on their conversation.

" I just need to figure out how to make her see the truth," Negan says sadly.

" What truth is that? All she can see is the man that killed her boyfriend and child. That's not something you can just fix Negan. She can't forget that no matter what you do. "

She is damn right about that. I thought snarkily.

"Do you know of anything I could try?
Since it happened, all I feel is hate for myself. I am okay with killing men but not an innocent child. Seeing her lying on that bed knowing I had done is killing me. I  repeated what I swore I would never do. It broke something inside of me. I meant to break her, but I think she might be breaking me."

He covers his face with his hands hiding his shame. Tears fall and shatter onto the floor, shocking me.

Frankie moves close to him then wraps her arms around his neck. He simply lays his head on her neck not saying anything. She then lifts his head, allowing me to see the deep pain in his eyes.