Epilogue part 2.

I sometimes wonder what it's like on the other side. Is there a place we go to, or do we even exist at all after we die? I like to think there is a place of comfort somewhere that every weary soul finds. Spencer knows the truth to this question, and I wonder where he is right now. Is he watching me and keeping my unborn children and me safe? Or has he ascended to a magical place where he only feels pure happiness?

One day I will know the truth, but for now, I will have to wait to see him again.  In the past, I would imagine he had just left for a long bit and would be returning soon, greeting me with a warm kiss and a loving smile. Then other days, the pain of losing him washed over me in waves, etching away the sand of my sanity day after day.  I will always love him, and I feel happy now, despite the loss I have endured.

It's been a few months since the signing of the charter. All of the communities are now aligned with a concrete set of rules and consequences for breaking those rules. It still feels weird when Rick comes to the Sanctuary for the once-a-month meetings with Negan and the other leaders. I can still see the pain in my friend's eyes as he sits there reporting on his communities challenges along with successes they have had. This whole working together thing is hard on all of us, but I know for Rick, it's painful to see the man who killed his best friend sitting there alive and well.

His icy blues hide his pain well, but his smile gives him away. The corners of his lips don't curl all the way, and the dimple in his chin has been hiding for a while now. I hope one day he can feel happy again, but for now, things have been better for him and Michone. They are expecting a baby boy, and I couldn't be happier for them both.

Their new baby journey is just beginning, and mine is coming to an end. I am 3 weeks before my due date, and Dr. Shelly believes I will deliver before then. Twins tend to come early, so Negan and I decided it was best to stay at Hiltop until they were born. I miss being in my own bed and seeing my brother, but hopefully, soon, I will be home.

Eugene is thriving at the sanctuary, keeping us safe with the new camera system he has been operating. I think he also might have a girlfriend, but I am not sure about that yet. My brother and I are still working on rebuilding trust with one another, which will hopefully one day happen. Negan and I are a constant work in progress as well. He still has a lot to work through, and change is hard. The death of Kevin has been brutal for him as well. My dark-haired savior will be sleeping one minute and the next awake with terror in his eyes. Needless to say, sleep is still a struggle for us both at times.

" You settled alright?" Negan questions as he stands at the doorway of our room. His dark, freshly damp hair rests messily on top of his head as water drips off his limbs. The black towel wrapped around his abdomen elicits dirty thoughts in my mind, causing me to miss his question. My gaze lingers too long, causing a sly smile on his face as he shakes his head with pride.

" Well, I mean, I know I am hot, but damn, a guy can't take a shower without his sexy girlfriend checking him out? Geeze, and I thought I was horny all the time."

" Shut up; it's the pregnancy hormones," I snap back.

" Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, darling, now you didn't answer my question since you were too busy eye fucking me.  I will ask again, Did you want to go to the dance tomorrow night?"

" The harvest dance? I would love to, but I feel so ugly, and I don't think anything would fit me with his huge bowling ball attached to me."

" Well, that's not true; I am sure we could find something hot for you to wear.  Besides, we haven't had a night out in a while; it might be good to let loose and enjoy ourselves.  I think we deserve it after all the shit we have been through."