Dining with the enemy.

Kevin has been silent since his story about Lucille. He seems to hold Negan as the only person responsible for her death, but shouldn't he blame the person who shot her? I mean, that individual is the one he should hate, not his brother. I wonder if he ever discovered who fired that gun? If he did, then did he kill him or her? All these thoughts and more dance around my mind, creating more questions that demand answers.

A loud throat-clearing jars my attention back to Kevin. His lonely gazes stirs pity from me, and I am unsure if that's a good or bad thing. After taking a quip sip of his wine, he folds his hand neatly below his chin, resting his elbows on the dining room table.

" I am sure my tale was hard for you to hear, and I am sure you have many questions. Perhaps before our meal arrives, you could entertain me with them?"

This man continues to puzzle me. One moment he is angry, and the next, he is calm and ready for my numerous questions popping inside my brain.

" Did you ever catch the person who shot her?"

"Sadly no, with all the chaos my brother brought upon me, I was never able to discover who shot her. However, once I take back my home and become the ruler I deserve to be, finding her killer will be my next priority. "

" After all these years, you still think you will find who killed her? What if you can't?"

" My dear Hanna, it will be easy to discover who murdered her. Trust me, I will know soon enough."

" How can finding her killer be easy? It's not like before, where you had the proper resources to find the guilty party. I would think it would be impossible."

" Well, that's where you're wrong, sweetheart. I know something about the sanctuary you dont."

" Oh? What is that?" I asked incredulously?

" I had secret cameras installed within those walls. Not even Negan knows they exist in areas I had them placed. All I have to do is log in and watch the video from that day, and I will be able to see who murdered Lucille. Once I do, that person will wish they had never been born."

" Hidden cameras? How did you get those? And why would you secretly put those up?"

" I had my men rob a few police stations, gated communities, and other places to retrieve them. As to why, well, that's obvious, isn't it? Negan was always jealous of my power, and I knew one day he would turn against me. It was only a matter of time, so I prepared for it. The trouble is, it never occurred to me that Simon would betray me. His betrayal hurt more than my own brother; it was hard for me to understand."

" Simon seems very loyal to Negan, but some people are good at faking it. Maybe one day he will be disloyal to Negan as well."

" It doesn't matter; I have a new second in command, one who will fight with me until my last breath. You haven't met him, of course, but you have heard of him. He is married to your redhead friend."

" Richard? You mean all this time, Frankie's husband is alive?"

Suddenly a rush of memories flood my mind, and I remember Negan telling me he was married ro Lucille and their daughter died. Is his story correct, or Kevins? Has Frankie been lying to me? I am starting to wonder who I can actually trust?

" Before I ask about Richard, I want the truth, Kevin. How did Lucille and Bethany die?"

" I already told you, wait, did you just say Bethany? Who told you about her?"

" Negan said she died because he didn't lock the gate properly. He also said Lucille and him were married. Which is completely different from the tale you have said. So, I will ask once more, how did they die?"