The Confrontation

The walkers began to get closer as we made our way to the truck. Kevin has Negan's limp body being carried by the two men that were outside the door. I have no idea what Kevin's plans are or how we will make it past the hoard surrounding us. The loud gurgle's of the dead ring loudly in my ears as we run to the parked truck behind the cabin. I slowly walk towards the passenger door behind the driver; just as my fingers touch the metal doorknob, I hear a loud pop behind me.

" What the hell was that?" I screamed while frantically searching the woods. Kevin motions for Negan to be placed in the truck's bed, ignoring the sound as if he didn't hear it. I begin to walk away, hoping to discover what's going on, when I hear the window of the truck roll down.

" Hanna, get in the car now! I haven't time for you to be running off," Kevin admonishes.

" Didn't you hear that sound? It came from the top of the hill."

" I dont care what you heard, get in the car, or I will kill Negan now," he threatens.

" Fine, I am coming," I grumble while getting inside.

The walkers begin to surround the vehicle trapping us in place. Their rotted fingers grasp the metal, eagerly trying to pry it open so they can feast upon us. My heart begins to race, hoping this isn't how I die. The walker closest to me was a woman. Her long black hair matted and wet clings to her rotten skin hanging from her jaw, making me nauseous. Her teeth chatter as her growls become more desperate to devour their prey. An older man beside her begins to tug and pull on her arm, detaching it and using it to hit the glass, the only barrier between me and death itself. The older man keeps hitting the glass, cracking it slightly, with a sick smile on his face.

" How do we get out of this, Kevin?" I yelled, hoping he had some plan.

" I dont know, Hanna; this wasn't part of my plan; your friends must be helping my brother. Which means I will have to deal with them as well."

" If my friends did this, then they must have some sort of plan. They wouldn't randomly have a large herd of walkers surround us without reason. Maybe their plan went south, and they are now trying to fix what they-"

The window beside me shatters the tiny shards flinging into the air like a puff of white. A figure stands on the outside with a cloak covered in a walker's guts. The man lifts his hood, and I see the perfect image of Kevin standing there, but it can't be him; he is sitting in the front seat. It's then I remember, Kevin has a twin named Kane.

" Come on, Kevin; I can't keep the men waiting for us much longer."

The sounds of gunfire fill the air as Kevin's men effortlessly end each one. I dont know if I am relieved or scared. I just hope Rick does help us, or we might all end up dead.

Kevin's face is filled with delight as he sees the dead falling to the ground, freeing us at last. He opens his door and walks over to his brother, hugging him tightly. He motions for them to pick up Negan, then comes to help me out of the backseat. I open the door taking his hand in mine, and step over the woman who was desperate to get me before. Her limp body fills me with relief, knowing she can't harm my child or me.

Kane walks over to me, reaching out his hand; his smile is warm and friendly, nothing like Kevins. His hand is soft and feels warm, despite the bitter cold we are in.

" Hello, I am Kane; you must be Hanna." He stated warmly.

"I am; you came just in time. I thought we were going to die. Thank you for helping us."

"It's my pleasure, Hanna. I can't have my brother and his future wife die on me now, can I?"

My throat becomes dry as his words settle in my mind. I can't have heard him, right, future wife? There is no way I am marrying Kevin. I would rather die.