Epilogue Part 3. Final Part.

The cool air caresses my skin as a gentle breeze sways the trees. Brightly colored tents adorn every inch of the hilltop acres, along with booths, picnic tables, and even a small music station. The festival was moved a few days so that Negan and I could adjust to being parents. It seems moving it a few days only gives Eugene more time to work on the surprise he has for everyone, which he insists is top secret. My life has changed in so many ways, and while I am grateful for it, sometimes I feel like something is missing.

It could be the fact I still hope to find my parents alive, or it could be because I still won't see Frankie. She has tried so many times to speak with me, and I refuse each request. Kane did inform me that she did kidnap me for Kevin, but it was only so her husband wouldn't be suspected of betraying Kevin. My head says I should forgive her and be more understanding of her plite, but my heart still remembers the dangerous position she put me in. Kevin could have easily killed me and my unborn children, and that's why I find it so hard to hear her out.
I get she felt like she had no choice because Jasmine was trying to get rid of me as well it I trusted her so easily, and she played me. I think that's what hurts the most, I don't even know if she befriended me for the shitty reason of saving her husband's ass or if she genuinely was my friend.

I felt close to her, and losing that friendship has hurt me in ways I didn't think possible. When you trust someone and they break it, how is it rebuilt? I guess if I can forgive Negan, I can forgive her. She does at least deserve me to speak with her and get the full story of why she handed me over to the devil. It has been for Kane planning the overthrow with Daryl, along with the other groups uniting, we would still be under Kevin's rule, a thought that still gives me nightmares.

I rest my palms on the concrete steps as I gaze into the night sky. Stars shine brightly above me as is it here, rumiging through my thoughts. I hear steps approaching me heavy boots scrape against the floor, casting me to turn to face them. I can feel the blood drain from my face as I see Frankie standing there with a hopeful look upon her face. I give myself whiplash as I jerk my head back to the scene ahead of me, wondering what I should say. The air between us suffocates me as I fumble with the words I might say.

Sensing my rigid body, Frankie sits a little ways from me, keeping a safe distance between us. She let out a soft sigh, and she twirled her red locks between her fingers. She keeps her gaze forward as she slowly opens her mouth to speak.

" You have every right to hate me, Hannah, and God knows I hate myself sometimes. I just want to explain why I did it. Is it okay if I do that?"

I can hear the pain in her voice, and the devastation in her eyes and body language alert me she means every word she just spoke. This is my moment to hear her out or walk away like I always do. Which way should I turn?

" Say what you need to Frankie, I guess it won't kill me to hear you out," I whisper, barely hearing myself.

She takes a deep breath as she runs her hands on her thighs, a nerveous habit of hers. Her head dips a she softly cries, drops of water shatter onto the steps while mumbles of words begin to poor form her mouth. She begins her explanation, reminding me all that transpired and her full reasons for doing them. After a few moments of her half-sentences and trailed-off thoughts, I decide I can't hold it in anymore.

" Was any of it real?" I spat out with hurt lingering in my voice.

Her soft eyes glance up at me with remorse carved into every facet of her being. She slowly grabs my hand, looping her fingers in with my own. The feel of her soft hand with mine reminds me of the deep bond we had and the connection I still wanted.

" I never played you Hannah, you were my friend, and I meant everything I said. I never pretended to care or faked anything between us. The affection I showed you was real, and I do deeply love you. The pain I caused is unforgivable, I know, but I needed to at least say this. I am so sorry, I am sorry I put you and your babies in danger. I should of refused to do it when Kevin asked, but I panicked. I did a horrible betrayal, but I want you to know I regret it every second of the day. I hope one day you can forgive me, and we can try to be friends again."