Visitors

" What idea are you thinking Hanna?" Negan asks.

" Ezekiel and Gregory will both want to avoid picking a fight with you correct? I haven't met either of them but I am assuming they have an idea of how many men you have."

" Gregory is a spineless weasel he won't be a problem to convince. Ezekiel from what Garret has told me is an honorable man. I think if we play our cards right they will both be amiable to us."

" Good, then most of our work is done. All we need to do is gather a portion of your men together and show them we are a formidable force. If they are both assured that we will keep them safe if Kevin attacks, then we can convince them to stay on our side.

We can also point out that going against us will mean war with not only us but Kevin. Kevin is our tool to keep them in line. They have to see that he is more of a threat to them then we are. The more we play the danger card with Kevin the less likely they will be to align with him and Rick."

" So you think if we show them some of our force and scare them about Kevin then we can be assured of their loyalty? That sounds a little far fetched."

" It isn't Negan, trust me. They already have a working deal with you and they won't want to rock the boat. That's why they are coming here, both leaders want reassurance that going against you and your men is a bad idea."

" They should already know that, we killed one of their men but I am willing to convince them some more. They need to be so scared that even the suggestion of aligning with Rick is a dumb move."

" Yes I agree, so we need to enforce that idea again. Remind them that you are not only someone they never want to piss off but their only option if they want to keep what they have. I also suggest making some deal with Rick. We need all the men we can get to make sure we win this fight."

Negan's attitude immediately becomes sour. The lines encircling his eyes increase in their depth, and his hands clench onto the back of the chair he standing behind. The once soft brown orbs become almost black as his anger rises. His jaw clenches with a seething hostility that resembles an erupting volcano.

" I won't make any deals with Rick. He aligned himself with my brother and I can't trust either one. Rick would stab me in the back quicker than your bother could get his dick up watching a porno," he grits out.

" Negan, I know Rick. If he knows how dangerous your brother is then he won't stay with him. He did some terrible things to your people and I don't blame you for hating him for it. But you can't ask me to forgive you for the terrible things you have done to me and not try to practice it yourself."

His face softness at my words. He seems to marinate my advice as he stares blankly at me. I can see he knows I am right but is having a hard time accepting it. He is used f
to having things his way but this isn't about his ego. This is about keeping his people safe. If it means he has to do things he despises than so be it.

" I know your right, Hanna. This place and the people who are inside of it are more important than my pride. My men need to know I can keep them safe. That I will do whatever it takes in order for that to happen. I want to know before I make a deal with the devil what kind of a threat Kevin is. So you think if I offered the right deal that they would tell me where my brother's base is?"

" It's possible Negan. What kind of deal would you offer them?"

" I don't know yet. What do you think they would want?"

" I know the one thing they would want is not to give you half their stuff. Maybe instead you could ask for less or just ask them what they would want. Rick is a reasonable man most of the time. We could also offer some of our own medical supplies. Ricks people have so little of that and with Maggie being pregnant, she needs medical care."