Part 9

Bakugou's eyes widened in surprise.

"I know he'd be a burden and that I wouldn't be able to see him very often and it's ok if you all say no.."

"Of course he can keep living with us!" Bakugou interrupted. "He'd be no burden, and I'll beat the hell out of anyone that tries to stop you from coming to see him."

It was her turn to look shocked.

Her face scrunched up in happiness and she started crying. He was startled by her sudden reaction.
He leaned forward and pulled her into a hug. The two of them had grown close in the last few months.

"Why are you crying??" He asked, nervously looking around, people were staring.

"Thank you Katsuki, thank you so much for taking such good care of him!" She exclaimed, wiping away tears and pulling away from his hug.

"It's nothing." He mumbled, running his hand through his hair.

"No, really, it takes so much stress off my shoulders. He always used to talk so fondly of you, you know. I know he really looked up to you."

Bakugou looked down at Deku's blank face. Why did he look up to him? He'd never been anything but cruel to Deku.
He forced a smile, he didn't want to bring Inko down. He hadn't seen her this happy in months.

Bakugou finshed his sandwich and Inko made sure Deku had finished his soup when they decided to go outside.
He'd never been to the garden here, he'd only spent his time on Deku's floor and in his room, the cafeteria, the main lobby, and the occasional visit to the restroom.

After asking directions from one of the staff members they stopped in the hall they finally made their way to the garden gate on the ground floor.
Bakugou pushed the door open and was hit with the sweet smell of flowers and soil.
He held the door open for Deku, and Inko who was pushing him.

"Wow." She whispered, looking around with an awestruck look on her face.

"I've never been in the garden before." Bakugou said, also looking around.

"Me neither." She said.
He looked down at Deku, hoping to see some kind of emotion on his face. He was disappointed when he didn't, but wasn't surprised.
Deku was still just staring blankly. He looked so tired and frail.

"Let's walk around a bit." Bakugou offered.

"Yeah." Inko agreed.

They walked through garden on the cobblestone path that cut through the greenery.
They came to a small stream running through the garden and into a pond. The pond was housing several koi fish. Lillies grew out of the water and sat gracefully on the surface.
They stopped and watched the fish for a few minutes.

"Izuku would love this." Inko said sadly, holding her sons hand protectively.

"Yeah, he would've." Bakugou said, looking down at Deku.

I miss him so much.

He stuck his hand in the water, pulled it out, and flicked the water onto Deku.
He blinked a few times, inhaled sharply, and widened his eyes, seemingly startled by the cold water on his face.
The sudden show of emotion was gone nearly as quick as it had appeared.

"Did you see that?! He reacted to the water!" He shouted hopefully.

She smiled up at him, "Maybe he'll get better." She said, although by her tone, he could tell she didn't think he would.
He was still happy from the reaction though, he reached down and ruffled Deku's soft hair, making it messier than it already was.

They eventually stood themselves up and continued along the path.

"You know, he talked about getting a fishtank for his dorm room." Bakugou said. "He said he liked watching the fish at the park and wanted to have a pet. He thought fish were a good first pet idea." He brought up memories from just over 6 months ago.