Part 24

Bakugou jumped up from where he was sitting, startling Inko.

"Inko! Stay in here. Keep Deku in here! Lock the doors!" He yelled desperately.

"What?! What's wrong Katsuki?" Her smile morphed into a look of panic.

"No time to explain! Just stay in here! Stay safe! Please, keep Deku safe." He gave her one last worried look before sprinting out of the shop. He spun around and saw Inko running with Deku up towards the front counter.

He turned his gaze to the building in front of him, the one he'd seen Aizawa perched on top of.
He used his explosions to propel himself into the air. But as soon as he neared the roof suddenly his explosions cut off and he started to fall.

"Damn it Eraser head it's me!" He shouted frantically as he plummeted towards the street.

He kept trying to use his quirk and just before he hit the street beneath him his quirk started working again and he saved himself.
He made his way back up to the top of the building where he saw Aizawa.

"Did you see him?!" Bakugou shouted, running over to him.

"Yes I did." He said sternly, turning in the direction Shigiraki had disappeared.

"Damn it damn it!! We shouldn't have ever left!" Bakugou shouted, gripping his hair and panicking even more.

"Calm down Bakugou. I've alerted the local pros, including All Might. It'll be ok."

I can't lose him! Not again! He screamed in his head, glancing back down at the barber shop Deku was currently sitting in. He was completely vulnerable this go around.
Because of those monsters he didn't have any means to even attempt to defend himself this time.

"I'm going to go try and find him. If I can secretly erase his quirk and keep my eyes on him he won't be able to sneak up on us." Aizawa said.
Bakugou nodded.

"There might be others. I need you to go back inside and protect them."

"What?! I can't go back inside! I couldn't do anything last time! I can now! I need to stop them before they get to those doors!" He screamed at his teacher, pleading with him.

Aizawa turned towards him with a very stern expression. "No Bakugou. You're my student as well. I can't put you in any more danger then necessary."

"But!"

"No."

"Ahhh." Bakugou roared, letting off a few big explosions to show his anger and frustration.

"Keep them safe Bakugou."

He nodded, realizing he wouldn't change his teachers mind. The best he could do was stay with Deku and protect him directly.

He ran back over to the edge of the building and jumped off, using his explosions to help himself land safely.
Once on the ground he sprinted back over to the shop and pounded on the glass door.
He looked in and saw Inko huddled in the back of the room with Deku.

Inko saw him and spoke to an employee who ran over and unlocked the door for him. Bakugou charged inside, the employee locking the door behind him.
He ran straight over to Deku and Inko.

"Katsuki what's happening?!" She shrieked, clutching her son.

"It's the league." He said. "I saw Shigiraki disappear into an ally."

"What?!" Her voice cracked and he could see tears pooling in her eyes. "Oh god, oh god. They're coming to get him." She hugged Deku closer to herself.

"No no no! I can't lose him!" She wailed, holding him tightly.