Part 13

Bakugou felt his breath catch in his throat and his jaw drop open in shock. His eyes widened and he could feel tears stinging his eyes.

Did he just say my name?!

"Deku!" He shouted. He held the now motionless boy closer and looked into his blank face. He shook him gently, still looking into his face.

"I want to help you Deku!" He cried into Deku's chest. "But I- I don't know how to." His voice broke and the realization hit him.

He was aware for a few seconds after he woke up. He thought as he cried.

He finally calmed himself and looked over at the glowing clock next to his bed.

3:47am

"I'll stay up with you the rest of the night." He said, comfortingly combing through Deku's hair with his fingers and wiping the still remaining tears off of his friends face.
His eyes were open, but not wide and they stared right through him.

"I didn't mean to wake you up. Sorry." He mumbled to himself.

Suddenly he heard a knock at his door.

"Yo! Bakubro! You guys ok in there?" Kirishima yelled.
"We're fine dipshit!" He yelled back. "Deku just had a night terror, he's fine now."

"Ok, I just heard screaming and then it went silent, so thought I'd check. Make sure you weren't being murdered!" Kirishima shouted through the door.

"I said we're fine, Kiri! Get lost!"

"Ok then. Night!" He could hear footsteps fading as he went back to his room.

Bakugou held Deku in his lap until he fell back asleep, subconsciously rocking them both back and forth.

This was so much different than how he would've even considered treating Deku a few years earlier.

Why did I always treat you like shit? He thought sadly.
"You were so desperate to be a hero." He said numbly, running his fingers thought Dekus white hair. "But you didn't have the means to become one. I knew you'd never stop trying, but I thought I could, maybe, put you off the idea." He spoke quietly, more to himself than to the boy in his arms.

"Maybe if I had just supported you, built you up instead of tearing you down...this...maybe this wouldn't have happened." His voice broke as he held Deku closer. "I'm so sorry Deku. I took everything from you. I didn't mean to. And now you're suffering. You look like you're in so much pain, you look terrified. This is all my fucking fault. I'm so sorry Deku!" He sobbed, quickly covering his mouth to try and muffle the sound. He didn't want any of his idiot classmates disturbing him.

Bakugou looked back down at Deku and could see his eyes growing heavy again.

It'd been about an hour and Bakugou could feel his eyes getting heavy as well. He fought of the desire to sleep and kept watch over Deku.
He lifted him up carefully and placed him back onto the bed. It had to be much more comfortable than his lap.

Deku had nearly gone into another night terror a few times, but Bakugou soothed him before that could happen.
He was trying really hard not to wake him up every time though. He already looked so tired all the time. He needed every minute of sleep he could get.

Before he knew it, it was morning. He could hear his classmates' alarms going off and them dragging themselves out of bed.
Suddenly his door swung open to reveal an energetic Kirishima.

"Morning you two!" He yelled happily, walking over to the window and opening the blinds wide.

"Shut up shitty hair! He's still sleeping!" Bakugou hissed, gesturing towards the sleeping Deku next to him.