7

"Oh bitch....I'm asking." Jade giggled as she entered the dorm. She made sure to step carefully since her head had a dull ache from the night before and bends forward to snatch her heels from her sore feet. Gathering them in the same hands that held her keys, Jade stuffs her phone in her Greek embossed jacket pocket. Alesha waves another dismissive hand over her shoulder as she padded towards their kitchen, Jade following her.

The light in their small kitchen was too bright in the morning, or maybe it was the slight hangover causing Jade's brain to pulse behind her eyes making the natural light a bother. She winces with squinted eyes as she set herself up on the barstool nearby.

"So...." Jade begins and Alesha sighs.

"He helped me get Lana up here. She was passed out in the backseat by the time we got here."

Alesha says hurriedly as she rounds the kitchen island just as Jade leans against it tiredly. Jade's expression goes from stoic to intrigue when the darkening hickeys just below Alesha's jawline catch her eye. Her smirk returns. The refrigerator door tingles as Alesha opened it with an unnecessary force.

"Mmmhmm...Thanks for volunteering that bit of irrelevant information. Now, why were you trying to sneak him out of here, looking and probably smelling like yesterday..." Jade asks and Alesha snorts as she leaned back to scan the contents of the barely stocked shelves, making a mental note to get groceries soon.

"Naw he didn't smell like yesterday after that shower...." she mumbles distractedly, wiggling an itch from her nose. Jade regards her with tired eyes with her head propped against her hand.

"Yeah, I bet. You better put a spoon on those hickeys unless you want everyone in your business..." Jade yawns.

"Who? Like you?" Alesha rebuttals, making Jade let out a stiff breathy laugh.

" Please...I'd pay good money not to know anything about you and your coochie shenanigans but I, unfortunately, have a next-door seat. I'm just glad I wasn't here. Yall are loud..."

Alesha laughs at the irony of her statement. Since that was the very thought she had when Jimin made her one with the headboard earlier. Finding nothing inspiring in the fridge, Alesha grabs an unopened container of orange juice and bumps the door with her hip to close it.

"I'm glad you weren't either. Speaking of which...How was your night? I didn't expect to see you strolling in this early..." Alesha tosses the question over her shoulder as she opens the cabinets. A sudden frown crosses Jade's face as she recalled her night. Not that it was bad. The exact opposite.

Taehyung brought them back to the dorms in Jimin's car as instructed and the two of them went back to his room. Like Yoongi, Taehyung was an athlete on scholarship so he was granted special privileges when it came to room and board. Private rooms were on the furthest side of the dorm buildings and all existed in a series of duplexes. Jade's dorm that she shared with her suitemates, Taehyung had no roommates which meant privacy.

Their night was perfect.

That morning she woke up, tangled in Taehyungs arms. His bare chest to her back. His face nuzzled in her neck as they breathed in tandem. They'd spent many mornings like this, have been inseparable for the past 10 months. It was the first time she'd been a guy who seemed to be within her league. Not so much socially but intellectually.

"Maybe....he is the one."

Jade feels herself smiling at the thought and she wiggles comfortably against him as he reflexively pulled her closer in his sleep. Thoughts like that often hit her in moments like this, where the two of them seemed to be in a great place and all other aspects of her life fell in alignment.