29

Morning light crashed in like a wave of disturbance, accompanied by the sound of her alarm buzzing from where her phone remained stashed in her clutch

Demi's dreams were washed away on the tides of San José, drowning in the abyss of her conscious reality as she awakened.

She groans softly as she lifted her head, her eyes barely open. She opts to keep them closed when the dull sting between her temples and the ache of dehydration in the pit of her stomach has her wincing.

"Mmmmghh" she groans, pulling her phone from underneath her pillow lazily to check the time on it. She brings it very close to her face and notes that it's barely noon with one eye.

Which explained the alarm. She always woke up at 11:30 on days she had no class to keep from wasting the day. Even if she was hungover.

Demi exhales heavily through her nose and allows her head to plop back down on the pillow, her eyes still shut as she did a mental recap of the night.

"Mmm...Damn Demi...how much did you even drink? When did I get back home?... I can't remember shit..." she slurs in her mind. Memories from last night are a blur and come to her in flashes as if her brain was doing a reboot and gradually loading images of the party as she gained consciousness.

Stepping into the Gamma house.

Scoping the scene with her sorors.

Eyeing Seokjin in the distance...

"Damn he looked good...dirt bag..." she thinks, continuing down the stream of recall.

Taking a few shots.

Strolling to a few songs.

Taking more shots...

"..yeah I overdid it...."

She then remembers going to the upstairs deck that overlooked the backyard pool.

She needed to get some air but it was too dark and crowded in the front, so she suffered through the smoky haze on the deck when...

"You hiding from me?"

"You would think that.."

"Come on. Stop being like that...
we can go to the third
level where the view is even better,
less noise. Zero smoke...
and we can just talk."

"Just talk?"

"Just talk...Promise.."

"Hmmph...just talk my ass...I guess I proved him wrong...Stupid ass...I'm capable of fun...." she remarks about the car wash and Seokjin's challenging smirk as it filled her drowsy mind. She grunts humorously, concluding her inner monologue.