28

The tropical storm outside muffled the sounds of their hurried steps down through the quiet building

There was a unspoken rule that the counselors couldnt spend the night in eachothers rooms of the opposite sex. Mainly to set an example for the children and teens they looked after and to avoid any drama ,which had been an issue in the past.

But tonight was different for a few reasons.

One being the summer program was over at the camp and all of the children had returned home.

Second reason: a massive thunderstorm had been brewing, meaning the area would most likely flood . Although in a less effected area, it made it pointless to go anywhere beyond the camp since driving would be risky.

And our third and most important reason: Every time a storm hit, the power went out.
Which meant the cameras were as well.

Thunder shakes the walls of the small counselors building, making Demi jump and clutch Seokjin's hand tighter as she looked around. He had been thoroughly amused at the way Demi's head was on a persistent swivel as the two crept onto the floor of his dorm and he furrows his brow with a smirk as he looked back at her again.

His hair shined beneath the lightning's flash that was visible from the various windows they passed along the way, drenched and dripping from running through the rain.

"Why are you so jumpy?" He says lowly, chuckling at her anxious expression. Similarly to him, she is soaked and her work clothes clung to her body. Which made it particularly difficult not to notice her lace black bra underneath the thin yellow v-neck. Seokjin did his best not to stare though.

"Because we're gonna get caught..." she whispers harshly and he shakes his head with amusement before pulling her ahead of him.

"Not if you be quiet..come on..its this way."

Demi stumbles forward as they approach the last door on the left side of the hall. She keeps watch as Seokjin uses his given key as he opens it, placing his hand at the small of Demi's back to encourage her to enter before following.

Since the summer began, she did her best to resist Seokjin's charms. From meeting him as a freshman and finding him to be obnoxious, to watching him go through a change after he pledged Gamma and seeming to come into his own form of manhood.

He was still obnoxious but in an endearing way.

It was the second summer she spent volunteering in Costa Rica and they were placed at the same youth camp.

Him being on athletics assistance while Demi took part in organizing activities for the younger children with arts and music. Between team building activities amongst the counselors, lingering glances at meal times in the commons area, or the few moments they were alone in passing...