8

(🎶🎶)

Bayfield University

Bayfield University.

A cultural cornucopia that was most renowned for its science and fine arts department. The student population was around 30 thousand and it was a prime location for urban metropolitan living in southern California.

Alana didn't necessarily have plans to come here. She was an honors graduate at her high school and was offered scholarships at three other universities. One of them was even out of state and she would have been one of the first in her family to actually leave home to pursue a career. Not many people from her neighborhood got chances like this so one could imagine the amount of surprise those close to her felt when she made her decision to remain local.   She ultimately decided on Bayfield after falling in love with the atmosphere and campus life. The fact that she was only an hour away from home had nothing to do with her decision.

The familiarity was nice. She knew where everything was and knew she wouldn't be bored if she felt like being social. She made new friends there very fast and kept in contact almost everyone at home.

Something inside of her longed for more though.

Something new and exciting.
Something different.

Something that didn't hurt or use her feelings against her.

Something that didn't emotionally manipulate and gaslight her to death.

Something that didn't get their dick sucked by random blonde-headed heffa's in the upstairs bedroom of a frat house party at a school he didn't even fucking go to...

Wait...what were we talking about again?

Oh yea, School.

Alana coasted through her Tuesday classes like a zombie drone, numb to the cool morning air that blew against her skin as she walked from one building to the next. Deaf to sounds of people laughing and talking around her in the hallways. Numb to the feeling of her hand copying the notes from the smartboard.

Stats 2.

Not her favorite class but she was fairly good at it. She seemed to be on autopilot as her attention was divided between the lesson and how hard it was to keep from crying randomly.

That weekend was hard.

After barely waking up in time to make it to cheer practice that Saturday, it kept everything in her to keep her head in the game while on the mats. Sunday she stayed in her room, ignoring texts and sleeping. It wasn't until Monday that she regained some sort of emotional balance enough to appear ok.