30

"Here..." Alana gingerly hands Yoongi a pair of hair scissors before sitting down on the floor between the coffee table and Yoongi's knees. Alana tried her best not to be overly impressed by how good Yoongi could look in just black sweatpants and a baggy tee. His hair was wild and fluffy as if he'd washed and rushed to blow dry it and his skin held a clean shine that made Alana envious every time she saw him.

She kept her attire simple, the leggings she always wore when she was doing her hair, and an old cheer t-shirt from high school that she cut into a crop top that gave an unhindered view of her waist beads as she sat down.

Yoongi tries to keep his eyes ahead as he spreads his knees just enough to accommodate her and is overly mindful of keeping his crotch as far from the back of her neck as he could.

The two weren't so awkward with being in each other's space but this...

This was a different type of intimacy.

Perhaps he didn't think this through...

"Now...if you cut my hair.." she begins with a warning tone and Yoongi huffs in exasperation and rolls his eyes.

"You'll cut me. Yeah...you said that." he deadpans, making Alana chortle as she scoots back.

"And Ima keep saying it. I'm already nervous about letting you do this..." she grumbles, nestling back against the couch and between Yoongi's legs. He smirks as he watched her get comfy and tries his best to keep all of his little-headed jokes to himself. He taps her shoulder and holds his hand out expectantly for her to hand him the comb for him to set aside.

"Just chill.." he chuckles, tentatively lifting one of her braids to eye level before making that first cut.

Comically taking Yoongi up on his generous offer, Alana agreed to allow him to help her take her braids down. She gives him the easier task of snipping the braid at the very end, threatening him with bodily harm a few times if he cut too high, and equipped him with a rat-tailed comb that he aptly nicknamed his 'toolie'. Once halfway up the long braid, Yoongi would then drape it over Alana's shoulder for her to finish.

A movie plays ahead of them on Yoongi's flat screen and neither of them said much once they started dismantling her hair. Not that it posed that difficult of a task or anything. It was just a comfortable silence that both of them were accustomed to in each other's presence.

It had only been 20 minutes and Alana had already completed unraveling the section of braids she had pre-selected for herself to work on, while Yoongi took his time picking through the tightly braided sections.

"How you doing back there?" She asked and Yoongi grunted in amusement as he laid a half-undone braid aside for Alana to complete.

"As I expected...This is lite work." He chuffs haughtily, making Alana smirk.

"That's because I gave you the easiest job." She mutters. A slight grimace crosses her face when she hit a snag on her real hair nearest to the roots where there was a little bit of build-up. Yoongi watches with interest as she used her fingers to comb through the detangled hair that still held a stretched-out wave from being braided for so long.

It looked soft to the touch and he considered abandoning his task to join her in running his fingers through it.

He knew better than that though.

"So...tell me about this altercation," Alana says suddenly, pulling Yoongi's gaze back to the braid he was working on.

"Which one?" He furrows his brow, now squinting to get the pick into the tightest part of the braid. Alana shrugs her shoulders as she tentatively detangled, separating her hair carefully.