1

Fall Semester

Fall Semester

The heated air of the late summer Friday night had a bead of sweat rolling down her neck as she bobbed her head to the booming bass in the distance. She dabs at the perspiration with the back of her hand before glancing up to scan the crowded street. Not finding anyone familiar, she sighs.

"Dammit, Dez...." Alana mumbles as she pulled her phone from her back pocket. She leaned against the hood of her car, texting frantically as groups of inebriated students strolled by her.

One of them cuts his eyes towards her, scanning her curves appreciatively as he passed. The glint in his eye makes her frown at him and lift her arm to cross over her exposed tummy beneath her tube top.

Not that she was shy or self-conscious.

That guy was just gross.

She scoffs as he turned away and continued with his friends to cross the street, heading in the same direction as many others.

The lawn of the frat house was swarmed with people standing around with drinks in their hands. Many of them laughed and horsed around drunkenly while others danced amongst their little circles, recording each other and taking pictures.

The music from inside could not only be heard but felt across the street where Alana was parked. The warm night air swirled with untamed energy and it made her heart thump with excitement and anxiety.

She normally wouldn't be going to a party like this, let alone on her own. She'd at least pull up with a friend or two. But tonight she was told that someone would be meeting her there. A certain someone who up until 64 minutes ago was actively texting her back.