31

Several minutes later, Alana emerges from Yoongi's kitchen with her face scrunched up distractedly. She toweled at her hair, focusing on drawing the excess water from her ends.

Yoongi, who had been flipping channels mindlessly, glances up just as she stepped towards the living area.

"Whew...that took a lot of effort.." she huffs, referring to getting all of the product rinsed from her hair. She lets the damp towel rest over her shoulders, finally revealing her crown completely.

It was thick and wavy, still dripping at the ends in a full dark brown mane of curls that Yoongi couldn't take his eyes off of.

He'd seen her hair in various forms. Braids. Different colors. Long and straight. Long and wavy. But he'd never seen Alana's hair in its natural state before today.

It was...

She was...beautiful.

"What?" she frowns at Yoongi staring at her head with widened eyes as she tried to stop her hair from dripping.

😈:
Must...touch....it...

"Nothing." he shrugs, pulling himself away to resume his attention on the TV. He had no clue what he was watching but he settles on some reality show where a group of women in a beach house were arguing about something he didn't care to show any interest in. 

"If you got something to say about my head, remember what I told you..." she jokes, lifting her fist, and Yoongi lifts both of his hands defensively with an innocent smile.

"I ain't say nothing, Chief.." he denies and Alana hums incredulously as she makes her way over to the couch and plops down about half a cushion away from Yoongi, sighing as she continued to scrunch her damp hair with the towel.

The attractive scent of her conditioner was less intense but still strong enough in her hair for him to smell and he glances over at Alana again thoughtfully.

"All done?" He asks and Alana looks over briefly before nodding.

"Yeah..for now. I think I'm gonna just blow-dry it straight and wear it in a bun this week." She sighs, pulling the damp towel from around her shoulders to set aside. Yoongi frowns at the idea of not getting to see more of those bouncy curls but he remains indifferent.

"Hmm...that'll be cool." He says, feigning disinterest before resuming his gaze ahead on the TV.

Yoongi's troubled thoughts kept him unusually quiet for the next several minutes as Alana applied leave-in conditioner and oil to her hair. She does a final detangle and twists her hair in sections. Once completely twisted, she wraps it all in a colorfully patterned silk scarf, leaving her wispy baby hairs to peek under the edge.

That universal sigh of accomplishment passes through her lips and she leans back into the couch to relish in the relief of being free of her protective style.

Glancing sideways occasionally, it's hard for her not to feel the tenseness in Yoongi's demeanor. He sits on the other side of the couch with his arm leaning against the armrest, swaying his knee, and pulling at his fingers.

He scowls softly at the women arguing on screen, the flickering colors of the TV cast against his blank expression as he watched quietly. Alana bites her lip timidly before turning to him.

"So...since when are you into Bad Girls Club?" She asks, resting her arm on the back of the couch and her cheek on the back of her hand.

Yoongi furrows his brow, turning his head to find Alana looking back at him intently.

"Huh?" He asks. Alana smirks and nods toward the TV.

"You seem really into the show right now...Who's fighting on this episode?" She asks and Yoongi glances back at the screen before shaking his head with mild embarrassment.