2

The atmosphere was thick and hazy with smoke and Alana squinted as she allowed Jimin to lead her by the hand inside the crowded party

The frat house didn't seem like much from the outside. A typical cookie-cutter brick house with white trim and large windows. The moment the two stepped over the threshold though, the energy hit them instantly.

It's dark, save for the LED's lining the many walls and glow sticks adorning people's necks and wrists. The house had a very open floorplan, allowing the front of the house to be occupied by the majority of the guests as they danced and ground against each other. Whoever was DJ'ing needed a gold star and a raise with how he scratched and mixed two songs seamlessly and hyped the crowd up enthusiastically as they moved.

Alana kept her grip on Jimin's hand tight as he continued to snake through the sea of bodies, not minding the occasional shoulder bumps and nudges. She minded though and did her best to shrink into herself as to not continue to be assaulted by elbows and other indeterminate body parts.  Being the social butterfly he was, Jimin paused occasionally to dap and shake hands with a few random guys and side hugging a few women all while keeping his hold on Alana's hand solid. 

After fighting the current for what felt like forever, they finally reach the end of the crowd to enter the area of the house furthest away from the booming speakers. A corner near the back of the house that gives a clear view of the backyard and the pool area, which was scattered with groups of people with trails of smoke billowing up from their huddles.  Alana cranes her neck to see past Jimin, noticing a familiar set of hips on a woman as she bent over a pool table. Her brown skin was illuminated by the light dangling above her.

Jimin pauses to pull Alana ahead of himself and presents her like a shiny toy.

"Look who I found outside.." Jimin yells over the music and several eyes shoot in her direction.

All of them are very familiar.

Alesha, 3rd-year Computer Science major, and honorary big sister. The one who immediately took Alana under her wing when she found her struggling to find her way around campus. The tip of the pool stick strikes the cue ball, sending it to break up a cluster of color balls and send them rolling in every direction.

Due to her height, she has to roll back on her heels from being on tiptoes to make the shot and she straightens up to shake dark shiny curls from her face. Despite being commonly known as Mochii among her closest friends due to her sweet and placating likeness to the cold rice cake confection and her small cute stature, Alesha was anything but soft. She's strong-willed and determined to get what she wants and very protective of those she loves. Alana was so excited when she offered her the spare room in their suite for that year, making them roommates.

Alesha looks to Alana with a small smile of relief when they make eye contact.

"It's about damn time! I was about to come find you," she says as Alana approaches. The two hug briefly.