18

It was difficult for Taehyung to contain the heat and sadness flushing his cheeks as he exited the building. The weight of the items in his grasp felt heavier than it should have with every step that distanced himself from Jade and the relationship he hadn't anticipated ending this way.

Though he knew he was the one who had royally fucked up, part of him resented the way Jade was so sure that everything they'd shared was ingenuine. The way he felt about her was anything but ingenuine and he'd thought he had done a decent job in showing her just that.

A single tear almost finds its way over his cheek before vanishing beneath his hurried hand and Taehyung lifts his head with a tiny sniffle as he made his way down the path that led to his neck of the woods.

On his way, he hears a familiar voice and spots two of his teammates congregated on the stoop of Yoongi's dorm.

Yoongi is seated outside on a stool, scrubbing the sides of his shoes with an old toothbrush. Namjoon is leaned against the brick wall, his hands tucked in the pockets of his practice clothes and his face scrunched in frustration as he spoke. Taehyung schools his features as he approached them, sniffling and blinking away any signs of sadness.

Namjoon pauses whatever he was on about when he notices Taehyung there and Yoongi glances up from his work, squinting through his hair. He regards him curiously for a moment, shaking his head to clear his bangs from his eyes.

"Superstar... what's good?" Namjoon greets him with his usual lackluster and Taehyung gives him a stiff nod.

"Sup...What yall doing?" he asks and Yoongi resumes scrubbing at the sole of his shoe, pausing to dip the toothbrush in a small bowl on the pavement that most likely contained water and dish soap.

"Tryna get these boys looking fresh out the box for that homecoming thing coming up.." he murmurs. Taehyung lifts his brow and a smirk crosses his face.

"Oh? You're going? I thought you said you were done for the semester..."

"Changed my mind." Yoongi shrugs nonchalantly, offering no further explanation for himself as he scrubbed away. To be frank, the black, red, and white Jordan 1's were in mint condition. Mainly because Yoongi never wore them. They were a gift from his mother that he cherished too much to ever wear outside of the house. But considering the theme of the party coming up, and who would be there, Yoongi figured it was time to give the shoes a night out for the one time.

Taehyung's brow crinkles as he watched Yoongi scrub the nonexistent dirt away with focus. He chuckles as he shook his head, redirecting his attention to the tallest of the three.

"What about you Seymore? You stepping out for once?"

Namjoon snorts at the nickname that clearly stuck with Taehyung since he decided it fit him. He turns up his nose and shakes his head in denial.

"Naw.....At least not for homecoming." he shrugs with his answer. Taehyung nods in understanding, not really feeling up to provoking Namjoon by poking at his lame social life. From the way he was feeling, he most likely wouldn't be attending the party either.

Breakups weren't a huge thing for Taehyung because he was rarely the one being left. He couldn't think of any time where he was in the position of blatant rejection and it admittedly stung. He wanted to be cross with Jade for making him feel so small but the rational part of him knew he was the only one to blame.

He still didn't like it though.  Especially when the thought of going out and getting drunk didn't sound as appealing as it would've otherwise. Being overly social was what caused this mess in the first place.