11

Speaking of texts...

"Tae, we need to talk."

Jade couldn't keep it in anymore.
It hadn't even been a whole week since she awoke in his arms the morning after the party, feeling as if everything in the world were at peace.

Until a familiar name flashed over the caller ID of Taehyung's phone.

It was hump day and Taehyung had no classes, which left his afternoon free to lounge around his dorm until basketball practice. Jade was perched in the corner of his plush couch with her legs folded underneath her in her black crop top and flowy green trousers. Her long hair was pulled up in a messy yet chic top knot, loose tendrils falling to frame her face and neck. Her make-up was light, only lashes and nude gloss. Stunning as always.

If only the way she felt inside matched her outside.

Her nails tapped impatiently against her knee as she waited for Taehyung to respond to her, but who could hear anything with him yelling like that?

"Ready the fuck up Bitch!" Taehyung barks into his headset, barely acknowledging his girlfriend scowling beside him. His thumbs moved like lightning as his eyes focused intently on the 70-inch screen and his jaw tensed as someone yelled exaggeratedly back at him through his headphones.

"Yeah? That's exactly what your mom asked me last night when I was...OH SHIT RELOAD RELOAD!... Get your shit together Perkins, I got loot to jack!"

Jade rolls her eyes. She hated how he got when he was so immersed in that game. Not that video games themselves bothered her, it was just Taehyung and video games that did.

"Bro I just told you where!! Get your head out of your ass.." he snaps. Jade couldn't give two shits about what was happening between Taehyungs avatar and the dozens of others shooting back at him while he flounced freely through the colorful world. She was on a mission of her own and it didn't matter how engulfed he was in his game. He was going to answer her.

"Taehyung I know you heard me." she huffs after a few minutes and Taehyung's brow crinkles as he glances over at her.

"Huh? You said, something babe?" He mumbles, turning his head slightly but returning his gaze to the TV.

Jade doesn't respond verbally, only crossing her arms over her chest. The irritation radiated from her like heat waves and Taehyung could feel her lasered eyes beaming red dots on the side of his face. He knew that feeling meant trouble.
After shooting her another glance, he sighs in defeat.

"Aye...I gotta go." He says reluctantly, trying not to take the onslaught of threats blaring in his ear personally as he removed the headset from his ears. His luscious wavy hair shakes back into place with the movement and Taehyung huffs as he tossed the controller aside on his couch before leaning back.

He stretched his body back and let his arms plop down beside him as he relaxed against the cushion. It was disarming how yummy he was in his comfy clothes. Grey sweats should come with a warning label.