20

Tears rolled from Jade's cheeks but she quickly swiped them away. Her sandals slapped over the concrete, fading into silence along with the festive sounds of the campus life.

She couldn't get away from that damned quad fast enough.

Away from the noise. Away from the heat and distracting feelings of hurt and humiliation.

Not at the hubris attempt from her ex, but the overall situation.

Jade prided herself on never allowing a man to see her sweat, even when she was smitten. And she'd been many times in her younger years. Being blessed with beauty and grace from a young age, she wasn't a stranger to attention. As she grew and continued to bloom, she wasn't a stranger to being desired. Men would fall over themselves at the chance to share her time but with Taehyung, she felt seen.  Probably because he too knew what it meant to be desired by those around him. Whether it was for his looks or his talent.

But the major difference between them was that Jade knew when to walk away. Even if it was from something she really wanted. Something she desired...

Something we wished would change to be right for her for once...

"Those look heavy.."

His voice was quiet and respectful when he addressed her, but Taehyung's eyes held a different intent as he watched Jade reach above her head for a book on the top shelf.

She rolled her eyes as she side stepped down the aisles of the bookstore, checking the barcode of the book she'd just acquired before adding it to the books in her basket. With a hefty stack already in tow, she had very little patience for the baseless flirting today.

Even if it was from some as fine as Taehyung.

She spares him a quick sidewards glance and shakes her head.

"I can manage..." she tiffs, turning her nose up at him slightly despite him looking fresh off the page of a mens health magazine in his varsity warm ups.

He was tall, dark in the brow and eyes, had smooth skin and a decent head on his shoulders from what she heard.

But Jade wasn't impressed by any of that.

Or was she..

"Im sure you can but...here let me.." Taehyung reaches around her before she stepped out of reach and grasped the handle of her shopping basket. Before she could protest, the weight is lifted effortlessly by him and he glances over her shoulder at the printed list she had in her other hand.

"Whats next?" He asks and Jade furrows her brow with a curious smirk.

"Um...and what do you call yourself doing?" She asks and Taehyung mirrors her expression, shrugging obliviously.

"Helping my fine ass law major girlfriend find her books for class, what else..."he snarks. Jade snorts in amusement at his response, masking her laugh by tucking her lips together.

She glances around the scarce book store.

"Girlfriend? Since when?" She asks and Taehyung chuffs before breezing past her, snatching her book list as he did. He tilts his head and squints at the black text intently with Jade scurrying up behind him.

"Give me that...and answer my question..since when?" She grumbles, reaching up to snatch her shopping list back from him. He smirks down at her as she rounds him and eyes her with dark sparkling irises.

"Since you stopped playing around just let me be yours..." he responds smoothly, stepping closer to her. Jade keeps still as he approached, smirking and narrowing her eyes up at him as he loomed over her. She perks her brow suggestively.